Trying to install ruby on rails, aur is not making it easy

I've successfully installed Ruby, rails and gems, following https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ruby_on_Rails.

But when it comes time to install ruby-rails from AUR, there's so many dependencies. So I tried yay, and it too requires two packages.

yay -S ruby-rails
==> Error: Could not find all required packages:
    ruby-concurrent-ruby (Wanted by: ruby-rails -> ruby-activesupport-4.2.10 -> ruby-i18n-0.9)
    ruby-tzinfo>1.1 (Wanted by: ruby-rails -> ruby-activesupport-4.2.10)

So I git ruby-concurrent-ruby, cd into the directory, and when I try to makepkg, it is missing ruby-doc. Which is missing ruby-json. Which is missing ruby-doc, again. I'm ready to throw my computer out the window now.

Pretty sure I overlooked something stupid and easy, but alas I don't know what I'm doing. Any hope for me?

Have you tried build using pamac?

pamac build ruby-rails

Never heard of pamac before, but I looked into it and tried it, and it seems pamac doesn't deal with aur.. am I wrong?

I also tried pakku, but pakku is having the same problems as I, unable to satisfy dependencies.

You are wrong. AUR support can be enabled in pamacs preferences.

Enabling AUR is not necessary if you build on command line which was my suggestion.

1 Like

I'm currently facing the SAME problem. ruby-rails in aur isn't installing.
It's only giving me the following two responses when I hit the install button in pamac.!

This didn't work either.
Check:

Found a solution to this yesterday, I went through this but learnt you can simply solve this but pointing your browser here .

I pointed my browser there but nothing happened. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

FYI, it's not a good idea to install software directly to the system. You'll eventually run into conflicting files when installing or updating things.

I cannot reproduce @esd's or your issues with yay and pamac, they both can pull the dependencies fine. Are you fully up to date?

sudo pacman -Syu

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by