Trust level seems random and not folowing the guidelines at all

Oke to be clear I understand the TL thing but what I do not understand is that someone can be regular without passing all the criteria the gain that level.

So just because I wonder, How can someone get a TL3 who is 44 days active in total (50 in the last 50 days I can understand because of the 50% rule), this even knowing in that case all of the criteria are not true either. But 44 days and TL3 that seems odd to me because the 50% rule in 100 days is not met at all.

Surely it could be possible to earn a trustlevel upgrade before the criteria has been met but in that case it should be noted in the rules I think. So others can understand why someone get a trustlevel sooner and how.

please help me understand.

thx

To get to trust level 3, in the last 100 days…

• Must have visited at least 50% of days
  • Must have replied to at least 10 different non-PM topics
  • Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25% (capped at 500)
  • Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% (capped at 20k)
  • Must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.*
  • Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
  • Must not have been suspended or silenced in the last 6 months

* These likes must be across a minimum number of different users (1/5 the number), across a minimum number of different days (1/4 the number). Likes cannot be from PMs.

All of the above criteria must be true to achieve trust level 3. Furthermore, unlike other trust levels, you can lose trust level 3 status . If you dip below these requirements in the last 100 days, you will be demoted back to Member. However, in order to avoid constant promotion/demotion situations, there is a 2-week grace period immediately after gaining Trust Level 3 during which you will not be demoted.

The forum in its current iteration is still fairly new, but there was another Manjaro forum before it ─ which you can now still consult in read-only mode here. However, said forum suffered a crash ─ which is why it’s available now as a read-only archive ─ and the team had to put up a new forum.

When the new forum was put up, most of the TL3 members joined up again at the new forum, and given that certain TL3 functionality ─ such as being able to recategorize threads ─ was needed in order to not overload the team members, certain members who were known from the old forum as being very helpful to the community were artificially bumped to TL3 status by the team.

That said, I’m not sure but I believe that both the criteria and the abilities of each of the trust levels was tweaked and may not necessarily correspond one-on-one to the Discourse defaults anymore.

:man_shrugging:

6 Likes

I found there’s a even a older version of the forum.
https://classicforum.manjaro.org/index.php

But it’s locked down.

That would be understandable for sure.
But that seems not to be the case here. This also looking at the first posts of this person and no ref in any way to be a former member.

Since I take rules kinda literally, I don’t understand how a person with lesser active days on the forum, lesser solutions and lesser likes (both given and received) and also registered later than I have can be TL3 already.

That’s why I wondered if someone could earn the TL3 upgrade for instance because of
positive contributions (determined by a moderator) even if not all criteria are true.

What forum member would that be?
Some forum members go way back, even though they don’t post much.

From all was said so far, there is only one that fits the description:

That’s the one that makes me wonder, yes.

That got promoted by one of the admins. Don’t know the entire story, but could be related to one of the tutorials that required editing rights, hence they got it granted.

1 Like

thx for the answer.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.