Troubles after upgrading Manjaro

Well, it’s your system, so “pick your poison”… :laughing:

You like easy subjects and don’t really help to fix this issue.:-1:

I pick my poison (who to help).
Check my forum presence if you think I like easy solutions.

Humans are more difficult to solve their issues than PC hardware/software. :laughing:

Be well!!

Then it is not true that “you know… everything”

its, getting silly now. do you want solutions or a pissing contest? that said, @petsam knows quite a bit and has swooped in for the save on more than a few of my attempts to help other users so maybe not take what he says so lightly. not to mention deepin seems to have these random oddball situations more often than the other DE’s like xfce (lighter, much more stable).

while this situation may or may not be because of your hardware and more likely a deepin issue, it would still be wise to use something much less resource hungry.

i want to resist but it’s so hard… nothing works “well” on windows except malware. malware never seems to have any issues while running on windows :rofl:

Sorry but we have been working on this issue a lot of days and he just didn’t take it into account. Of course that what I want is a solution I did not begin this contest. Anyway I apologize

There really is no issue, it seems to me. Basically, you are trying to run big fat Ferrari tires on a small utilitarian car. In principle, there is no issue per se neither with the tires, nor with the car separately. The problem really lies with the driver who wants to mix them by any means.

As @esa1975 pointed out, Deepin recommends more than 2GB of RAM, concretely 4GB or more better. I would almost go as far as to call BS on your remark that previously it worked great like butter, specially since precisely the couple last Deepin updates brought big improvements on the performance side. Almost.

Please do you still consider that it is a driver issue, need to know because if not I could install lubuntu

no, i dont think its driver related, not anymore because we fixed that.

you could, its up to you. deepin has its own issues even on a machine with better specs than yours so i wouldnt recommend it either way (sorry deepin fans :slightly_frowning_face:).
dont forget manjaro has lxde,lxqt,xfce,mate, even kde would be better for your hardware than deepin.

something is fundamentally wrong with your current install and there are a few potential causes for it and only 1 good long term resolution and thats use a lighter desktop environment. i know deepin has that initial “looks great” feel to it but aside from that works no better than any of the other choices i mentioned and those choices can still be customized to look like anything you want.

Is it possible that the issue be corrected in future updates in the same way it appeared at this one.

Also remember that mpv warns:

What about then with mpv output

Audio/Video desynchronisation detected! Possible reasons include too slow
hardware, temporary CPU spikes, broken drivers, and broken files. Audio
position will not match to the video (see A-V status field).

and also the libcuda library missing

What about then with mpv output

Why doesn’t you try run a live cd with deepin like you wish have in your desktop and try see how it feel ?? if you detect what you can drive the Ferrari try it with a new reinstall (Swap should be important here) but in the other hand you should also try a live cd with XFCE and to see how it feel. Think what and how is the difference into the 2 and after take a decision and decide … Somethings should be test for oneself and you should be capable to take a decision about it.

Can I clarify that you re-downloaded Manjaro deepin 17 in 2019, and reinstalled it because your updates were giving you trouble and so you decided to not install from the Manjaro deepin 18 iso?

libcuda is part of cuda toolkit…FOR nvidia. i have no idea what its even doing there?

nope, something is wrong, you may not have noticed it until after the update but some things were on your system (packages,configs,gerbils,hamsters) that caused it. at this point, your best bet is to re-install fresh.

@kafka do this :point_up_2: or better yet xfce. if your dead set on running deepin then download deepin and try it out on live usb/dvd , play some video’s and if it works as desired you can install it, if not then please use a lighter desktop.

Ok I’ll try but actually I have reinstalled my system formatting the partition so the problem was not present as you said

if this is happening on a new install then it is highly likely a resource/hardware issue. do yourself a favor and avoid an almost guaranteed situation where this happens all over again and just install a lighter manjaro spin. deepin is not very resource friendly and like i said before it has some quirks the other desktop’s dont that i cant begin to understand why, just search the forum for deepin issues and you’ll see what im talking about.

here is the comparison of DE’s and ram usage,
https://forum.manjaro.org/t/ram-consumption-of-different-manjaro-editions/41133
it lists deepin as 525mb but i remember it being almost twice that on one of my kids laptops and it ran much slower than others. i now have kde on that particular laptop for my mother and it runs great, but looking back now i should of gone with xfce, and this is on a amd a6 4gb ram machine, i would rather jab my own eye out than try and do anything functional on deepin with less than 2g of ram on a celeron.

The main reason I select deepin it was because of others issues using other distros: such as a very weak signal on my wifi and audio too low. Besides, I don’t like too much KDE environment, if I had to chose other distro I prefered gnome or xfce desktops.

gnome, while better than deepin in my opinion, is heavier than xfce by a decent amount. xfce is a good desktop environment and you can customize it the way you want to. its up to you. pick a target and shoot.