Touchpad stopped working after reboot & zshrc screwed

Hi all.
So, I did a manjaro GNOME fresh install. Everything was fine…'till I rebooted the pc and the touchpad stopped working. I’m not new to this problem, but I’m almost a newbie on Manjaro, so, I’m actually struggling to fix this. Here is my xinput --list output:

WARNING: running xinput against an Xwayland server. See the xinput man page for details.
⎡ Virtual core pointer id=2 [master pointer (3)]
⎜ ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer id=4 [slave pointer (2)]
⎜ ↳ xwayland-pointer:16 id=6 [slave pointer (2)]
⎜ ↳ xwayland-relative-pointer:16 id=7 [slave pointer (2)]
⎜ ↳ xwayland-pointer-gestures:16 id=8 [slave pointer (2)]
⎣ Virtual core keyboard id=3 [master keyboard (2)]
↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard id=5 [slave keyboard (3)]
↳ xwayland-keyboard:16 id=9 [slave keyboard (3)]

If there is some more info I could provide, I’ll be glad to do.

Other then this, I’ve also screwed up .zshrc in my home folder (I’ve already said I’m a newbie with Manjaro, did I? :roll_eyes:). This happened: I use some preconfigured files to setup new systems, also a bunch of dot files for aliases, bash, etc… . Coming from debian based distros, I mostly use .bashrc. I’ve learned about .zshrc and I had the lite idea to erase the original .zshrc and rename the .bashrc into .zshrc.This is the result:

After the install I’ve immediately installed and used Timeshift, but I didn’t backup my home folder. Is there any way to recover the original .zshrc?

Thank you all :pray:.

EDIT: touchpad randomly recovered, now it works. I guess it’s fine …
EDIT#2: I’ve also managed to recover .zshrc from /etc/skel :sweat_smile:

Hi @Gabbo,

Now, I’m no expert, especially at anything Hnomee-reated, but I think this :point_down:

… is your problem. AFAIK Wayland can cause serious problems. It’s not quite ready for use without tweaking in some cases.

That also might be why you’re struggling, I’m not sure. Try reinstalling, but using X instead.

Hope this helps!

Edit:

Just saw XWayland is used for traditional X applications. So that might actually not be thee problem, but my advice advice and reasoning still stands.

1 Like

Hi @Mirdarthos, thank you.
Actually, touchpad started working again randomly in the while, but you highlighted a good point. The only thing I did about xorg is installing xorg-xinput to use xinput command. Do you think it would be enough removing this packet?

I honestly have 0, none, no idea.

:man_shrugging:

Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than I does.

1 Like

Ok. Thank you for the support.

By the way, I’ve also managed to recover .zshrc from /etc/skel, so, I think this thread has become pointless at the moment :sweat_smile:.

EDIT #1: So, wrapping up to have an answer, touchpad started working again randomly (??) and zsh has been recovered as told before. Thank to everyone for the support.

So it would seem, yes. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.