Touchpad right click

xfce
touchpad
xorg
dconf

Hello everyone, I am using manjaro XFCE and I have some trouble with my touchpad after having a fresh install of it.

Searching on the net and the wiki it turns out I have to configure the /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-synaptics.conf somehow, but I haven’t this file. I only have a 00-keyboard.conf with this

# Read and parsed by systemd-localed. It's probably wise not to edit this file
# manually too freely.
Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "system-keyboard"
        MatchIsKeyboard "on"
        Option "XkbLayout" "it"
        Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
EndSection

The problem is that the right button works like the left button and I can’t move the left button (when it’s pressed) to select more icons in the desktop, for example.

Also in in the “Mouse and Touchpad” settings Name “SynPS/2 Synaptics Touchpad” of my dell vostro I have enabled the options touch=click and scrolling with not two fingers, but nothing changed.

Anyone know how to fix or how to help this? Thank you for any help

Hi,

most probably you need to install
xf86-input-synaptics

I guess Manjaro defaults to libinput, probably that is why you don’t have /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-synaptics.conf

I have installed the xf86-input-synaptics but nothing changed

And even you don’t have
/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-synaptics.conf ?

Then maybe you should try another kernel?

I have created the file manually. Maybe I have to learn how to deal with synaptics and create a customize settings of this touchpad. However, thank you for the help

This helped to solve the problem. After re-installed the package click with two fingers works as right-click.
After restarting two fingers doesn’t work but right click with right button does, thank you!

Good, that at least it worked.
Do you have xorg-xinput installed? you may try to set-up your desired configuration, with it

I’ve installed it, how to open it?

that a command line utility.

xinput --list
to get the list of input devices.

Here is an example how to configure the horizontal scroll with it, but there should be an option for other stuff as well

I’ve noticed now I’ve lost the ability to tap to click. I can press to click sx, right button ok , left button ok

Even if in “Mouse and Touchpad” there is a check. Maybe it’s because tap to click is libinput dependent while right button and other things that are now fine belong to synaptic