Torchlight II (Steam) wont launch

Hello

Torchlight II doesnt start in Steam.
I found a similar Theme for my Question but there is the Solution to install a Lanuguae pack but i dont think this is my Problem, because the terminal Output says something about EFL Class and i have absolutly no Idea what this is. Thanks for any help :heart:

I hope the Following copy paste Terminal stuff is helpful i did this my first time

BuildCompleteAppOverviewChange: 172 apps
RegisterForAppOverview 1: 2ms
RegisterForAppOverview 2: 2ms
Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(steam)/version(1669935987)
GameAction [AppID 200710, ActionID 1] : LaunchApp changed task to ProcessingInstallScript with ""
GameAction [AppID 200710, ActionID 1] : LaunchApp changed task to SynchronizingCloud with ""
GameAction [AppID 200710, ActionID 1] : LaunchApp changed task to SiteLicenseSeatCheckout with ""
GameAction [AppID 200710, ActionID 1] : LaunchApp changed task to CreatingProcess with ""
GameAction [AppID 200710, ActionID 1] : LaunchApp waiting for user response to CreatingProcess ""
GameAction [AppID 200710, ActionID 1] : LaunchApp continues with user response "CreatingProcess"
/bin/sh\0-c\0/home/samuel/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/reaper SteamLaunch AppId=200710 -- /home/samuel/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-launch-wrapper -- '/run/media/samuel/Daten/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Torchlight II/ModLauncher.bin.x86_64'\0
Game process added : AppID 200710 "/home/samuel/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/reaper SteamLaunch AppId=200710 -- /home/samuel/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-launch-wrapper -- '/run/media/samuel/Daten/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Torchlight II/ModLauncher.bin.x86_64'", ProcID 10378, IP 0.0.0.0:0
chdir /run/media/samuel/Daten/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Torchlight II
ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/samuel/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.
GameAction [AppID 200710, ActionID 1] : LaunchApp changed task to WaitingGameWindow with ""
ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/samuel/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_64/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64): ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/samuel/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.
/run/media/samuel/Daten/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Torchlight II/ModLauncher.bin.x86_64: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1: undefined symbol: FT_Done_MM_Var
GameAction [AppID 200710, ActionID 1] : LaunchApp changed task to Completed with ""
Game process removed: AppID 200710 "/home/samuel/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/reaper SteamLaunch AppId=200710 -- /home/samuel/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-launch-wrapper -- '/run/media/samuel/Daten/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Torchlight II/ModLauncher.bin.x86_64'", ProcID 10378 
ThreadGetProcessExitCode: no such process 10379
Uploaded AppInterfaceStats to Steam

Moderator edit: In the future, please use proper formatting: [HowTo] Post command output and file content as formatted text

Relevant error line is probably here

/run/media/samuel/Daten/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Torchlight II/ModLauncher.bin.x86_64: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1: undefined symbol: FT_Done_MM_Var

Apparently a library problem. Try the usual Google search game name + error to see if you have relevant results (like an Arch WIKI article dedicated to the issue, for example).

This was the Solution. many Thanks for the Arch Wiki Link from omano. I found there the Info i needed.

i copied the Solution here if someone has the same issue

Libfreetype/libfontconfig Incompatibility

If you are experiencing issues with launching games such as Torchlight 2 or Civilization IV, it could be due to using a newer libfontconfig than the game currently supports.

Right click the game in Steam, and set the following as its launch option:

LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6 %command%

Thank u for your Time and the Arch Wiki Link i found there a Solution :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.