Top Panel Accessibility Dropdown Missing Indicator

Looks like on Gnome 3.32 the top panel accessibility dropdown lists does not show an indicator for an ACTIVE option. e.g. Large Text off looks exactly like Large Text on....

From terminal:
sudo pacman -R manjaro-gdm-theme && sudo pacman -S gnome-shell

Restart the Shell with Alt+F2 then type r then press Enter

[dad@dad-manjarobook ~]$ sudo pacman -R manjaro-gdm-theme && sudo pacman -S gnome-shell
checking dependencies...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: manjaro-gnome-assets: removing manjaro-gdm-theme breaks dependency 'manjaro-gdm-theme'

pamac wants to remove this:

Do I need a --force option or the like????

Don't remove those packages !!!
Do first:
sudo pacman -Rns manjaro-gdm-theme
and report back

Now I'm too scared!!!!

[dad@dad-manjarobook ~]$ sudo pacman -Rns manjaro-gdm-theme
[sudo] password for dad:
checking dependencies...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: manjaro-gnome-assets: removing manjaro-gdm-theme breaks dependency 'manjaro-gdm-theme'

Tommy can you hear me? Tommy!

Hello @Ste74 - do you think we can do something about this?
I saw that another change in Gnome brought some issues to some panel elements when using a custom GDM theme (that previously was working) - yours was working perfectly, the one from Materia worked, and the one from Plata-Theme worked but none work anymore.

@pjpreilly - try only reinstalling Gnome Shell but make sure you are up to date first.
sudo pacman -Syyu && sudo pacman -S gnome-shell

Ok.. I can recheck what is changed but i have a doubt.. : what theme you use @pjpreilly Adapta? Can you try matcha and see if the issue in the panel is still present?
Btw is not a problem remove the assets pkg : is only a metapkg..

Did it....no change!
This is not an issue on my Daughter's Stable installation running Gnome 3.32

This is my config:

...& on a different box it doesn't work with this config:

You have to restart the shell after that. I understand is confusing but is not from the user shell theme ...

@Ste74 - it seems that @tista500 has an update for plata-theme and using that *.gresource for the shell is working now with the changes from Gnome. Maybe a closer look at that is worth and maybe use some of that ?!?

I restarted the box!!!!!!!

As already write : try matcha theme for applications and shell. Adapta is not maintained and i need to switch into another theme and i don t know the state of le capitaine theme or so.. I dont see any problem in my daily runner gnome with matcha and manjaro customuzation except i use matcha theme.

This doesn't make any difference:

Are you aware the Manjaro Linux Updates Indicator is only visible with the Papirus Icon pack????

This is on one install i have, from login screen using the original GDM theme aka Adwaita

When i log in the user shell theme is set to Materia yet the toggle buttons are taken from the Shell GDM theme.

If i switch to Adapta-Nokto-Eta-Maia, or whatever theme, the toggle buttons are still taken from GDM Shell theme.

So, in your case, the GDM theme doesn't line up with the changes in Gnome, so the themes fail to render the proper toggle buttons in your case.

The Manjaro Linux Updates is deprecated and the

is used instead. Works with all icon themes.

Are you going to use !!!!!!!!!!! and ?????????? from now on forward? If you intent too, then the conversation is over.

Really?????!!!!!!

Not the login screen...logged in on the top panel when setting Accessibility to always display.