Today of all days when I'm of course in a hurry and have the last time my system broke although it was rock solid for 3 years.
The issue is: I see grub's background wallpaper infinitely and have no indications of what is happening.
I logged in to Manjaro chroot but:
- timeshift is unable to find backups (the last time I tried it there was no problem with it)
- timeshift segfaults
- when I try to access files that I need quickly for today's work, Dolphin in live session hangs indefinitely after I try to access mounted hard drive and on next launch attempts still hangs
- when I try to access my home folders in the terminal through midnight commander it shows empty, the same when I want to access another partition (hdd), also empty
- when I installed timeshift in live system, it also can't find backups on external hard drive and some options like hamburger menu won't work after click
- the whole live session seems to be malfunctioning somehow, although I used it in the past and it was working fine before
- consequent boot into live hanged indefinitely on mhwd script although previous boot few minutes ago worked fine...
Uh.. and did I mentioned I had no time and was in a hurry? Great, problem after problem.
I have no time to look at it closely right now and I have to recreate those files again because this will be quicker.
Hopefully, I find time later to check out what is going on, but I can't focus solely on it. Please, if you have any idea how to approach it, that would be great. Maybe when I will be calmer and have more time things will work correctly but, as usually, if there is no time, mysterious issues pop-up magically... sight