Manjaro ARM Beta11 with Phosh (PinePhone)

Hello @codenul,

There is something i’d like you to try to see where the issue is coming from.
On the gitlab there is a dedicated bug-tracker for PipeWire, which is our audio server in Manjaro Arm Phosh.
The link to this bug tracker is: https://gitlab.manjaro.org/manjaro-arm/issues/pinephone/phosh/-/issues/171#note_22515
There I would like you to test Laurent Laffont his latest comment.
To summarize:
In settings / Sound I switch configuration to a different output codec. In Laurent his case he switsched to high fidelity codec sbc for his speaker to work.
Please report back your experience.

Greetings Jasper

1 Like

Hey @jjdekroon

Thanks for the response. Just to try things out, troubleshooting per se, I setup another SD card with Manjaro Phosh Beta 10 and the earbuds works perfectly on a clean setup.

In response to your reply, the only configuration options that I see are either “Play HiFi quality music” or “Make a phone call”. Changing them doesnt seem to make a difference. Not sure if reboot is needed on the call or on the service itself. It was defaulted on the HiFi setting. Side note - on Beta 10 - the options are “Default” and “Phone Call”

Please let me know if there is any information that may be helpful within the system. Shouldnt be a problem providing such information.

Reminder I am running the unstable channel for updates on Beta 11. On Beta 10, it was on stable

1 Like

Hello,
I have a problem with update my Pinephone Phosh Beta 11.
When I update it through the console, everything is fine
until the reboot. Еnter a new password before restarting, аnd then the phone doesn’t start.
I use stable branch. When I use “Software” , shows on some packages " could not satisfy dependencies". I use Pinephone daily . That’s why I changed Plasma Mobile with Phosh

Same here. Since the last update the MAC address changes at every reboot.
Pretty annoying since I’m assigning a static IP address to my Pinephone.

Maybe the GUI settings don’t take effect properly. You could try to manipulate the connection configurations in /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/ directly by putting cloned-mac-address=stable in the [wifi] section. Also check out this blog post about MAC address randomization. wifi.scan-rand-mac-address is for scanning for networks, not for establishing a connection. For the latter you need to set wifi.cloned-mac-address to the desired value (permament/preserve/random/stable) either globally in the conf.d directory or locally in a specific connection’s configuration as described before. It works for me (although I’m not on the stable branch, but I don’t think that should make a difference).

Thank you it worked. I didn’t know about this spoofing feature.

I have reported a bug whereby audio settings / configuration is lost once an outbound call is made:

Call to contact in address book, call is not answered. It doesn’t seem to happen every time though.
I don’t know how to restart audio without restarting the phone (Pinephone v1.2).

As suggested by Laurent, replacing pipewire by pulseaudio ‘fixes’ the issue as a workaround in the interim.

Hi, anyone else experiencing high battery drain - post on Pine64 forum suggests Wifi off no longer works?
https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=14250

Alert from “Software update”:
Unable to download updates:

libcanberra=0.30+2+gc0620e4-3<-
libcanberra-pulse: could not satisfay
dependencies

You can try to upgrade from the terminal

sudo pacman -Syyu

It will tell you that it wants to replace libcanaberra-pulse with something else (same lib different name)
type Y and you’re good to go (after the updates download and install ofc :P)

Has anybody else noticed that every now and then the modem just dies when coming out of sleep?

Any clue how to fix that?

Тhank you for your answer.Everything is alright now.Just put a sound on the alarm clock :wink:

Scared me for a second, thought some of my apps were deleted from the newest DEV updates - looks like Phosh received some adjustments. On the main screen, there is a dropdown menu that allows to show “adaptive apps”. Switching back and forth, changes what apps are displayed in the drawer.

Also it looks like Anbox is broken again -
anbox : error while loading shared libraries : libprotobuf-lite.so.27: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Looks like anbox needs to be re-compiled.

I was unable to run the upgrades from “Software”, so I have tried this from the terminal.
Now after the upgrades are completed, and reboot - the phone is booting into a terminal screen!! asking for my password from the terminal screen also no access to the onscreen keyboard (obvious…)… wtf ?

1 Like

With the recent Anbox update, Anbox now opens and functions as normal

anbox (0_git20210320-2 → 0_git20210320-3)

2 Likes

During a long time I was using Beta8 which was rather stable - I had missed just a few calls and no SMS. Then I finally desided to update to Beta10 and the situation became terrible - almost all SMS and ~50% calls were missed. Now after update to Beta11 it haven’t improved, unfortunately. Does anyone else have the same experience? (Note: I’m still using the original modem firmware).
Maybe it is possible to downgrade modem-related features (modemmanager, calls, chatty etc) to the stage of Beta8 leaving all other packages up to date?

1 Like

That’s the danger of beta software, sry about that. :frowning:
Most likely you were getting some different error the wan4o (the user i originally replied to)
Or same error, but more update came and broke something.

You can probably fix it if you have a keyboard.
In case you want to try read on else just re-flash with the latest image

You can probably investigate what’s broken by connecting a keyboard logging in with user manjaro and the pin you setup ( 123456 is the default)

and check what systemd services failed using sudo systemctl list-units --failed

It should list out all the services that failed.
you can then do a sudo systemctl status <name of failed service> to get more details on search fail

from there we could investigate further, or again, just re-flash your phone…

1 Like

Hello,
After, I believe, the second update on phosh 11 the system hangs at the manjaro login screen with the tiny characters before the numerical pad usually comes up. I haven’t found anyone with similar problems yet. Thanks for any advice or pointers towards resolving this problem.