The maximum number of active connections for UID 1000 has been reached

After a recent update, I started getting the following error message:

failed to connect to dbus daemon: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.LimitsExceeded: The maximum number of active connections for UID 1000 has been reached

I get this when I try to update the system, I get this when I try to open nmtui. I can no longer get online, and my system is currently quite useless. Any ideas what might be causing this, and how to fix it?

UPDATE:
I do see the same error occurring in another post on this forum:

** (pamac:3342): WARNING **: 19:06:37.538: transaction_interface_daemon.vala:52: failed to connect to dbus daemon: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.LimitsExceeded: The maximum number of active connections for UID 1000 has been reached
Authorization not available. Check if polkit service is running or see debug message for more information.
Preparing...

** (pamac:3342): CRITICAL **: 19:06:37.750: pamac_daemon_start_get_authorization: assertion 'self != NULL' failed
1 Like

All this was caused by an issue with the tuxedo-control-center app, as that app led to VPN crashing, and with a kill-switch active I was unable to get online. As well, I was unable to start the VPN client due to the error. The solution was to quit tuxedo-control-center, and then update it, as they seem to have rushed a fix to this issue. With the latest version, 1.1.5, things do work again.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.