Unstable branch - Appimages stopped working

Today, all my downloaded Appimage files stopped working and finish with:
zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped)

Operating System: Manjaro Linux 
KDE Plasma Version: 5.27.6
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.108.0
Qt Version: 5.15.10
Kernel Version: 6.4.7-1-MANJARO (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: Wayland

It seems to be related to latest upgrades that happened yesterday, and even Arch users are affected.

:man_facepalming: :point_down:

This has nothing to do with AppImageLauncher. It’s only a frontend to manage AppImages.

It’s an issue with squashfuse 0.3.0, see vasi/squashfuse#105

– Appimages stopped working · Issue #591 · TheAssassin/AppImageLauncher · GitHub

@medmedin In general, DO NOT create Arch bug reports unless you can reproduce the issue on Arch. Either way, this has nothing to with Arch.

Yochanan is correct. Just install downgrade and then downgrade squashfuse to version 2.0 for now and when asked to add to ignore update list tell it yes.

Manjaro has no means to fix it, it simply follows Arch upgrades because it’s an Arch based distro, so the correct behavior is to report it directly to Arch bug tracker.

Then why did you create a topic here?

Manjaro is not Arch. Arch is not Manjaro.

Again…

While one can reproduce the issue on Arch, in this case the problem lies upstream, not with Arch. It seems you did not read the guidelines before creating your Arch bug report:

If Arch is not responsible for a bug, the problem will not be solved by reporting the bug to Arch developers. Responsibility for a bug is said to lie upstream when it is not caused through the distribution’s porting and integration efforts.

– Bug reporting guidelines: Upstream or Arch?

1 Like

Then why did you create a topic here?

To help Manajro people noticing there is a problem with Appimages after latest upgrades.

Manjaro is not Arch. Arch is not Manjaro.

Manjaro is an Arch based distro, so logically it is an Arch distro.

While one can reproduce the issue on Arch, in this case the problem lies upstream, not with Arch.

Well, some fixes need a lot of time to finish and to test, so Arch can downgrade that bad package or at least write about in their home page to indicate to people how to fix the issue while waiting for the fix to be released.

I understand you were trying to help, however you did not provide any information whatsoever to help anyone.

Arch very rarely downgrades packages. If it’s an upstream problem, the package maintainer creates an upstream issue if one doesn’t already exist. Upstream fixes will be applied if necessary, otherwise they wait until upstream releases a new version. Users can temporarily downgrade the package in the meantime.

If there is something users need to be aware of when updating, they do: Arch Linux - News

Since you’ve ignored everything I’ve said and insisted on arguing, this thread is now unlisted.

Note your Arch bug report is now closed per my request.

1 Like

I’ve notified users of the unstable branch about the actual issue:

1 Like

Again the issue has nothing to do with Arch so simply NO.