The computer wakes up immediately after putting it to sleep

Hello everyone, newbie here.
I recently buy Logitech MX Keys Mini Keyboard and Signature M650L Mouse.

I’m using the keyboard and mouse with the Logitech Bolt USB Receiver.
As I mentioned in the title, the computer wakes up right after I put the computer to sleep.
I also tried it on a Windows 11 computer, I had no problems with it.

I’ve read Kernel replacement as a solution for a few issues.

• 5.15.60-1
  • 5.18.17-1
  • 5.19.1-3

The versions I tried did not have a solution.

Can anyone suggest any way I can get around this problem?

Manjaro 21.3.7 with GNOME 42.4
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
Asus ROG Strix B550 E-Gaming Mo-Bo with Intel AX200 Wi-Fi AX (Bios version is 2803, currently latest.)
Evga Nvidia GTX960 2GB (Driver 515.65.01)
G.SKILL 2x8 3600 MHz DDR4 RAM
PNY XLR8 CS3030 NVMe 1 TB SSD

https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=313164

The main issue I have is that I don’t have a power switch on my mouse - so I first put that away where it won’t get nudged… as that will wake it up again.

Try again, put your mouse away and run systemctl suspend in krunner…

I HAD the same problem quite recently with kernel 5.18.14 (Arch). But the next update of 5.18.15 fixed it. Until it was fixed I used an LTS kernel (I have both installed). Since you have LTS too and it didn’t fix the problem, I’d suggest you try with disabling Windows 11’s hibernation and fast boot (NOT the function in BIOS, Windows has one of its own in its settings). It’s possible that these two are somehow interfering with Linux’s functions (it wouldn’t be the first time for Micro$hit). I can tell you how to disable hibernation but about fast boot you’re gonna have to Google for it.

Open CMD as admin (not PowerShell) and type

powercfg.exe -h off

press Enter and reboot for the command to take into effect.

Both devices have a power switch. It keeps waking the devices even though I turn them off. There is no problem when removing the USB Bolt Receiver device. Thnak you.

I had turned off the settings you mentioned before due to another problem. Thank you.

I’ve read the thread. Thank you. I followed the steps. When the computer goes to sleep, the problem of waking up the computer is solved because the USB is turned off.
Is there a better solution like hmsn001 at the end of the thread mentioned?
When I tried to implement what MrEen wrote,
I found a solution to my above request. However, when the computer restarts, I have to apply MrEen’s solution again. I created a service under /etc/systemd/system/.
However, it didn’t work because it worked before the computer booted up.

If the USB is turned off when the computer is turned on,
and I activate the USB with the command after logging in,
all my problems are solved.

It may be involved in a different topic that I want at the moment, but after logging in
echo PTXH | sudo tee /proc/acpi/wakeup automatically?

so you already tried a service, but your issue is that the service is activated too early. in this case modify your service that you wait until the dependant modules are loaded or simply by a time delay. all ways direct to rome so just search for
“systemd service wait until boot” in the internet and also
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Systemd

2 Likes

sudo tee /proc/acpi/wakeup

Try a #!/bin/bash script (just run as user), stick it in ~/bin or anywhere else you fancy

echo PASSWORD | sudo -S tee /proc/acpi/wakeup

Add that to Autostart, does it work?

Could you please read this thread for me?
Thank you for your time.

You posted in the wrong topic, lol

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.