Errors displayed typing "journalctl -p 3 -xb" on the terminal "NEWBIE"

Hi i’m new to Linux switched from Windows!
I’ve watched videos on what to do after installing Manjaro Linux.
And someone said i should check for errors by typing “journalctl -p 3 -xb” on the Terminal
and i got lines of errors. Can someone pls help me with this? Are they critical?

Errors:
Nov 07 17:03:11 Kennymanjaro systemd-modules-load[323]: Failed to find module ‘platform-integrity’
Nov 07 17:03:12 Kennymanjaro kernel: sp5100-tco sp5100-tco: Watchdog hardware is disabled
Nov 07 17:03:13 Kennymanjaro kernel: nvidia-gpu 0000:29:00.3: i2c timeout error e0000000
Nov 07 17:03:13 Kennymanjaro kernel: ucsi_ccg 0-0008: i2c_transfer failed -110
Nov 07 17:03:13 Kennymanjaro kernel: ucsi_ccg 0-0008: ucsi_ccg_init failed - -110
Nov 07 17:04:47 Kennymanjaro pulseaudio[1288]: GetManagedObjects() failed: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

Uh-oh. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Maybe they shouldn’t be telling newbies to look through the journal and scare themselves. :wink:

If your system is working normally, then I wouldn’t pay any attention. Not all of those messages are actually errors. Some are merely tests that the kernel conducts against certain hardware or subsystems to see how they should be initialized. :wink:

4 Likes

you have to blacklist sp5100-tco

Thank you very much for the replies!
It’s very good to know that. I’ve yet to experience a crash so i think it’s all good.

How do I do that?

Take it as an example:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Kernel_module#Blacklisting

Since you said to be a newbie, please be careful.

1 Like

I appreciate all your help!
Tnx!

You’re welcome: feel free to ask, here, when/if you need clarifications.