[Testing Update] 2024-06-20 - Kernels, Systemd, KDE Gear, Firefox, Qemu

something is going wrong with nvidia drivers / xorg
on boot /start , no more message systemd for fsck , only a white blink cursor on upper left before login in Xfce

after a check , no more return with Ctrl + Alt F7 to GUI Xfce

Thank you so much.

1. It’s not only me to enjoy such an issue. )
  2. MESA is not guilty, I restored an old Timeshift image, and made sure it was not mesa.
  3. I cannot create blacklist-simpledrm.conf file because I always get message
    zsh: Access denied: /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-simpledrm.conf

UPD: I created a text file blacklist-simpledrm.conf with the text blacklist simpledrm inside it and copied this file into /etc/modprobe.d folder. I executed
sudo mkinitcpio -P
and got the same issue. I undone everything. So simpledrm seems to be not guilty in my case.

UPD: This video issue has another feature. Firefox refuses work with Google Maps during X11 session. If I make an attempt to zoom a map in or out - Firefox crashes! Never seen this before!

UPD2: I downloaded the latest ISO image from Manjaro.org and reinstalled Manjaro from the scratch. The newly installed Stable branch works OK, no Wayland issues. I switched into Unstable branch, got updated, and got the same issue! No way to login under the Wayland session! I installed with free drivers.

UPD3: 1. I removed Manjaro and installed Fedora 40 KDE. It was Plasma 6.0.3 after installation. I rebooted after the capital update and saw just a black screen with a cursor. No way to login! The same is true for Endeavour OS with Plasma 6.1, Framework 6,3, Qt 6.7.1 and kernel 6.6.34-1. No way for Wayland session. 2. I removed Fedora and installed KDE Neon Testing edition (to get as fresh KDE as possible with a moderate number of bugs). It works OK after the installation and the first update. It is equipped with Plasma 6.1, KDE Frameworks 6.4, Qt 6.7 and 6.5.0-41 kernel. I tried the default Wayland session and an optional X11 session - both run smoothly. My conclusion is there is some bug or error in Manjaro, EOS and Fedora updates. My old Radeon graphic card is not guilty.

UPD4: I’m back on Manjaro Testing Branch after the fresh install. Used kernel 6.6 LTS and 6.1 LTS - of no avail. The issue is back. KDE Neon seemed to solve the issue. Others - not.