[Testing Update] 2023-03-11 - Kernels, Mesa 22.3.7, Phosh, LibreOffice 7.4.6

Thank you Team for all the extra effort you’re putting into this. This is actually what makes a distro more “caring” then another.
It is for sure not the first time that you walk an extra mile to support the users, and this deserves a big thank you!
:heart: :hugs:

5 Likes

Hello Philm
I’ve seen a kernel update this morning, installed it and now everything’s OK.
So the kernel version now is 5.10.173-2 instead of 5.10.173-1. I wonder what could be different as the base kernel is the same (5.10.173). I guess it was just a compilation option?
I really want to thank the Manjaro team for the extra effort as well.

yes, the numbers after the dash are rebuild numbers.

1 Like

here you go: [pkg-upd] 5.10.173-2 (53177546) · Commits · Packages / Core / linux510 · GitLab

3 Likes

Looks so simple like that :smiley:
Thank u Philm
So the kernel was patched but didn’t change version?
I mean this is a Manjaro modification that comes before the official kernel modification?

1 Like

You can thank Hector from the AsahiLinux project for the fix. @olivier512. We just added it to all affected kernels. You can see the discussion of that matter if you reread my comments in this thread …

4 Likes

The only way is to roll-back your backup and wait for the fix. Downgrading kernel alone is not possible as too many module packages depend on it, so it would be a very risky operation. Using backup is the only solution and basically that is why we are doing backups.

1 Like

Can anybody confirm?

The fix is already there @michaldybczak :slight_smile:

Well Arch and Manjaro ships rsync 3.2.7 since Oct 21, 2022. So if it would been an issue here, most likely it already got reported …

3 Likes

I just noticed, Port Master is now officially in the repositories, nice addition, but because of .desktop files of the AUR package, you can’t update from AUR to Repo, you need to remove the AUR package first, or force the overwrite of these files.

1 Like

another version fix on stable kernels for all branch

@stephane you’re too slow in reporting :smile: [manjaro-packages] [BoxIt] Memo (x64)

Not quite yet. Stable update is coming soon :tm:

2 Likes

Always we need to update…

A post was split to a new topic: Failed to enable portmaster service

I didn’t notice the controversial bug either, just made a note out of caution :innocent:
The report is only 3 days old - but afaik I do not see any connection with rsync now…
(LAST comment reported “yesterday” : https://github.com/linuxmint/timeshift/issues/152)

I know. It was just a general remark how to go about such bugs. They happen from time to time.

1 Like

Getting a no screen found error from Xorg on kernel 6.2.6-1. I have a optimus laptop, but maybe Xorg is initially using my iGPU.