[Testing Update] 2022-04-04 - Mesa 21.3.8, Blender 3.1.2, Xorg-Stack, Haskell, Python

i installed the new stable update 15-4 today. Same error with vaapi.

i updated intel-media-driver from 22.2.2-1 (manjaro package) to 22.2.2-2 from ala.
Now vaapi works with mpv.

sudo pacman -U https://archive.archlinux.org/packages/i/intel-media-driver/intel-media-driver-22.2.2-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst

I just downgradedintel-gmmlib 22.1.2 to intel-gmmlib 22.0.3, and VA-API works fine for now, no need to downgrade intel-media driver 22.2.2-1 to earlier version, just waiting for a fix here.

Today’s update of intel-media-driver to 22.2.2-2 fixes the issue regarding iHD.

2 Likes

What is happening with testing updates? Two weeks have passed and there were no updates. Maybe this was because of Easter business?

I’m starting to get library confliucts with some AUR packages, which usually doesn’t happen with testing. Now the system is becoming a bit too obsolete. Or has the Arch being updated? Somehow I doubt it.

Go to Unstable if you need it. Or stop updating AUR packages that require system libraries to be on par with Arch Stable. AUR isn’t supported so it is up to you to manage this situation.

Pro tip: update your AUR packages when an update lands, hold them until new Manjaro update comes. And if it is critical to update your AUR packages, see my first sentence.

5 Likes