[Testing Update] 2022-04-02 - Kernels, Mesa, Plasma 5.24.4, Deepin, LibreOffice, PipeWire, Wine 7.5

Hello community,

here comes another testing branch update.

grafik
Don’t miss out on 20% discount for all Manjaro Merch!

• Our Kernels got updated to fix some security issues
  • Plasma is now at 5.24.4
  • Mesa got renewed to 22.0.0
  • Deepin got some packages renewed
  • A second point release is now available for LibreOffice 7.3
  • PipeWire is now at 0.3.49
  • Wine got renewed to 7.5
  • and even more Python and Haskell packages have arrived

:information_source: You may need to rebuild any AUR packages that install files to site-packages … :information_source:

You may need to rebuild any Python packages you’ve installed from the AUR. To get a list of them, you can run:

pacman -Qoq /usr/lib/python3.9

And to rebuild them all at once with an AUR helper such as yay, you can do:

yay -S $(pacman -Qoq /usr/lib/python3.9) --answerclean All

But if any of the packages don’t work with Python 3.10 yet, this might fail halfway through and you’ll have to do rebuild the remaining ones one or a few at a time.

Get our latest daily developer images now from Github: Plasma, Gnome, XFCE. You get the latest stable releases of Manjaro from CDN77.

Our current supported kernels

• linux49 4.9.309
  • linux414 4.14.274
  • linux419 4.19.236
  • linux54 5.4.188
  • linux510 5.10.109
  • linux515 5.15.32
  • linux516 5.16.18
  • linux517 5.17.1
  • linux515-rt 5.15.32_rt39
  • linux516-rt 5.16.2_rt19
  • linux517-rt 5.17.1_rt16

Package Updates (Sat Apr 2 04:04:04 CEST 2022)

• testing community x86_64: 1337 new and 1356 removed package(s)
  • testing core x86_64: 38 new and 40 removed package(s)
  • testing extra x86_64: 421 new and 454 removed package(s)
  • testing kde-unstable x86_64: 275 new and 274 removed package(s)
  • testing multilib x86_64: 26 new and 27 removed package(s)

A detailed list of all package changes can be found here.

• No issue, everything went smoothly
  • Yes there was an issue. I was able to resolve it myself.(Please post your solution)
  • Yes i am currently experiencing an issue due to the update. (Please post about it)

0 voters

Check if your mirror has already synced:

4 Likes

Known issues and solutions

This is a wiki post; please edit as necessary.
Please, consider subscribing to the Testing Updates Announcements RSS feed

Please RTFT (Read This Fine Thread) first before reporting the same issues over and over again!

:arrow_right: 2022-04-02

2022-03-12

Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (5.15.2) with this library (5.15.3)
  • Check the mirror you use is up to date:
sudo pacman-mirrors -f 5 && sudo pacman -Syyu 
  • If you use qt5-styleplugins (AUR), rebuild it:
pamac build qt5-styleplugins
FIXED? VPN via L2TP might not work anymore

See FS#74089 - networkmanager 1.36 breaks vpn with networkmanager-l2tp

You may need to downgrade to 1.34.0:

sudo pacman -U https://archive.archlinux.org/packages/l/libnm/libnm-1.34.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst https://archive.archlinux.org/packages/n/networkmanager/networkmanager-1.34.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst

FIXED? DSL/PPPoE may require downgrading 2 packages

See my-internet-connection-is-no-longer-working and FS#73948 - networkmanager 1.36.0 breaks DSL connection

Please check if 1.36.2-1.0 of NetworkManager improve things, else downgrade to 1.34.0:

sudo pacman -U https://archive.archlinux.org/packages/l/libnm/libnm-1.34.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst https://archive.archlinux.org/packages/n/networkmanager/networkmanager-1.34.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst

2022-01-03

New warnings when building the fallback initcpio - Possibly missing firmware for module: bfa, qed, qla1280, qla2xxx

That’s due to the recent changes to the linux-firmware package. Note these are warnings, not errors. You only need those firmwares if you have Mellanox Spectrum switches, Marvell devices, Qualcomm SoCs, Cavium LiquidIO server adapters, QLogic devices and Broadcom NetXtreme II 10Gb ethernet adapters. if you have that hardware you can install linux-firmware-qlogic to get rid of those warnings. If you do not have that hardware you can safely ignore those warnings.

pamac install linux-firmware-qlogic

2021-12-31

Python packages from PIP and AUR - how to upgrade them - detailed instructions

Read this post.

I put the wrong choice for the poll. Easyeffects doesn’t work anymore. I’m still checking where I could find a solution.

[EDIT] I’ve found the source. It is related to gtk4

[EDIT2]
Transitional fix will be to switch to Wayland

You do know you can change your vote?

Update works fine. Thanks!

The only bad thing is, that with kernel version 5.17.1 the network-module (in my case r8168) is still missing.
Can i do something on my own?

Edit: installed a package from the AUR called “r8168-dkms” - works for now - but still strange, that it’s suddenly missing from the kernel.

1 Like

With this recent testing update ( no matter which kernel 4.9, 5.10, 5.16 ) the Xfce “auto-mounting” device icons do not work with “exfat” formatted devices.
Although it works correct with kernel 5.17 …

Despite working manually via simple mount in shell, the error reports:

Failed to mount “label1”
Error mounting /de/sdd1 at /run/media/user/label1 : unknown filesystem type exfat

I known that the detail belongs to the udisk2 , but how can I start to solve this ?

Just as a note using more recent Kernels (5.16 & 5.17) my WiFi adapter QCA9377 (kernel driver: ath10k_pci) has ran slower at times. Adding to my GRUB Kernel boot command: “ath10k_core.skip_otp=y ath10k_core.nohwcrypt=1” seems to have increase my performance using my WiFi adapter

I just experienced a hard-freeze while closing out the new version of Signal (5.37.0-1.) I’d advise caution while using this app.

some journalctl spam
kernel: Fixing recursive fault but reboot is needed!
kernel: BUG: scheduling while atomic: signal-desktop/16905/0x00000000
kernel: Modules linked in: uvcvideo videobuf2_vmalloc snd_usb_audio videobuf2_memops videobuf2_v4l2 videobuf2_common snd_usbmidi_lib videodev snd_rawmidi snd_seq_devic>
kernel:  i2c_smbus snd mei_me mei soundcore nvidia(POE) video wmi mac_hid acpi_pad fuse crypto_user ip_tables x_tables ext4 crc32c_generic crc16 mbcache jbd2 xhci_pci >
kernel: CPU: 2 PID: 16905 Comm: signal-desktop Tainted: P S    D    OE     5.17.1-3-MANJARO #1 c9242a592d494bee9c6cffbc288adf97c7b0452a

Ethernet LAN connection does not work in Linux Kernel 5.17, but no error in journactl, it looks like that LAN is disabled.

Solution:

• Switch back to Linux Kernel 5.16 that works fine.
  • Or install r8168-dkms for Linux Kernel 5.17 (I did not try it)

I guess it is related to the issue of Kernel. Try switching to a different Kernel.

Ok guys, r8168 module for kernel 5.17 is finally available to install from the official repos.

1 Like

gnome-online-accounts forgot all the secrets/passwords/tokens for google accounts after upgrading 3.40.1-1 → 3.44.0-1. For me the solution was to enter the login details.

details

This could be the default ‘you have to enter your passwords again for reason x’ but 4 accounts at the same time is curious.
From the journal I can find these entries for all accounts:

goa-daemon[1386]: secret_password_lookup_sync() returned NULL
goa-daemon[1386]: /org/gnome/OnlineAccounts/Accounts/account_[number]: Setting AttentionNeeded to TRUE because EnsureCredentials() failed with: No credentials found in the keyring (goa-error-quark, 4)

and these after entering the password:

goa-daemon[1386]: /org/gnome/OnlineAccounts/Accounts/account_[number]: Setting AttentionNeeded to FALSE because EnsureCredentials() succeded

Vulkan library updates are still broken in regard to FBC (namely the changes introduced in lib32-vulkan-icd-loader-1.3.207-1 vulkan-headers-1:1.3.207-1 vulkan-icd-loader-1.3.207-1 vulkan-tools-1.3.207-1). This has been discussed in NVFBC no longer working in Arch Linux: Invalid external buffer capabilities · Issue #511 · keylase/nvidia-patch · GitHub.

For anyone who needs FBC with current vulkan libraries, running

sed -i 's/\xc7\x84\x24\xfc\x01\x00\x00\x00\x00\x40\x00/\xc7\x84\x24\xfc\x01\x00\x00\x00\x10\x40\x00/' "libnvidia-fbc.so.${pkgver}"
fixes the issue, as discussed in the github issue page (second to last comment)

What is NVFBC?
Tried to search for it, but it’s only mentioned in articles overfilled with technical, specified jargon.
Does it do anything for an average player with Nvidia card?

Framebuffer compression it
s specific usage is for energy-saving.

So if it’s not working, then Nvidia users playing Proton games will use up more power?

@Astalacoucougnasse and @michaldybczak framebuffer capture, not framebuffer compression. effectively the same way shadowplay works on windows

Has anyone tested Wine 7.5 or Lutris? Is everything working again?

What do you mean “again”? Did 7.4 not work for you? Describe more please.

There was a small update today. Crda package has been replaced by wireless-regdb, no errors after update.

A post was split to a new topic: Firefox sometimes crashes