[Testing Update] 2022-02-21 - Kernels, Toolchain, Plasma 5.24.1, KDE FW 5.91.0, Mesa 21.3.6, Wine 7.2, Gnome 41.4, Linux-FW, Gstreamer 1.20.0, Nvidia, Pipewire

Some games e.g. “Dues Ex” from Steam were broken by this update:

ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/zesko/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.
        libcrypt.so.1 => not found
        libcrypt.so.1 => not found

glibc 2.35-2 removed the deprecated libs libcrypt.so.1, that is why some games do not launch.

Solution: (I did not try, but I believe)

• Install libxcrypt-compat from AUR

Some games e.g. Dota 2 does not launch.

ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/zesko/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.
GameAction [AppID 570, ActionID 5] : LaunchApp changed task to WaitingGameWindow with ""
GameAction [AppID 570, ActionID 5] : LaunchApp changed task to Completed with ""
ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/zesko/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_64/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64): ignored.

Solution:

• Select some game → Click “properties” → Set -gl in “Launch options”
    But not perfect solution

BTRFS autodefrag mess seems to have been fixed, stress-testing right now

OK, not really: there still are neverending defragmentation tasks on compressed subvolumes.
Everything is fine for subvolumes mounted with compress=none.

At least, the performance on subvolumes actually needing defragmentation (DB storage, VM disks, etc.), which are usually mounted NOT compressed, is now back at its nominal value.

1 Like

You are correct. lib32-libxcrypt-compat may also be needed for 32-bit games.

2 Likes

it seems that the settings to choose opengl version has disappeared

The same problem is with VNCViewer and VNCServer from AUR (RealVNC). Your solution with libxcrypt-compat from AUR fixes this. Thx!

1 Like

5 posts were split to a new topic: Teams from Microsoft ceases to launch

The two OpenGL compositor backends were merged in Plasma 5.24.

4 Likes

After session locked, I am getting this:

The screen locker is broken and unlocking is not possible anymore.
In order to unlock switch to a virtual terminal (e.g. Ctrl+Alt+F2) log in and execute the command:

loginctl unlock-session 2

Then log out of the virtual session by pressing Ctrl+D, and switch back to the running session (Ctrl+Alt+F1).

Also:

When going into settings into the screen locking section under windows behaviour, settings just crashes. So, at least through settings, I am not even able to deactivate screen locking.

1 Like

After update restart the machine, it should solve it, this often shows when you do not restart with nvidia drivers after updating them

1 Like

Already had restarted before, also do not have nvidia but intel graphic card.

1 Like

Hm, then that is something else than I thought it is, my bad

no problem, thanks anyway!

1 Like

Yakuake tray icon doesn’t follows my icon pack anymore and uses default Breeze icon

I’ve got a bug on plasma-pstate plugin where CPU governor switcher glitches out and i can’t change my governor setting. It’s probably a new issue on the plugin with the new version of Plasma though, not a Manjaro’s issue.

After the update i noticed one strange issue:

None of my virtual-machines (virt-manager using libvirt/qemu/kvm) (guest systems: ubuntu, debian, garuda) with shared folders from host-system using virtiofs are booting up anymore.
Boot process stuck with “raising network interfaces”.
I tried to downgrade qemu (6.2.0-3 → 6.2.0-2) but that did not solve the problem.

After commenting out the lines concerning the shared virtiofs-folders in /etc/fstab on the guest side normal boot behavior can be restored (no problem with normal network connections).
Is there anyone with an idea why virtiofs has stopped working after this update?

The issue is fixed with the qemu 6.2.0-4 packages. This testing snap just missed them. I’m pushing them to testing now.

3 Likes

Thanks for your fast reaction :+1: - the issue is fixed, indeed :smile:

Brace yourselves, glibc is coming.

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know…

Compositor failed to start after the update. I had to edit picom (compton) config to remove obsolete settings. After that everything works OK.