[Testing Update] 2022-02-01 - Kernels, Pipewire 0.3.44, Qt5, Mesa 21.3.5, Wine 7.0

A simple stat 10-installer would show it is created on system creation (stat /).

No need for this drama in the first place, the user should always use drop-ins, not edit “machine” files.

I’m on unstable too and didn’t get a .pacnew either because of the above, while the default file was normally updated with the new entries`

# %wheel ALL=(ALL:ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL
@includedir /etc/sudoers.d

Kernel 5.17 rc2 panics when linux517-nvidia is installed along with it. journalctl -b -1 returns the journal of the boot before the kernel upgrade. So I guess the kernel panics at initramfs stage itself. Removing linux517-nvidia fixes the issue, but of course I am unable to use my Nvidia d-gpu.

That only works on unstable branch for now, as it switched to the nvidia 510 driver series …

1 Like

If the overall goal is to remain in-line with systemd, I think a file should be created in /etc/sudoers.d… I just question whether 10-installer is a meaningful filename that explains the files purpose.

i agree, my only concern is if someone gets the syntax wrong in the drop-in file will it screwup the whole sudo mechanism, does visudo syntax-checking mechanism extend to the included drop-in files.

Appreciate the response. I don’t have that in my kdeglobals and it seems stable enough for now. I’ll try downgrading if that changes.

seems you have forgotten the questionmark :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: , but yes it does.

HI all, I had this warning while updating:

(12/86) updating accountsservice                                                                             [############################################################################] 100%
warning: directory permissions differ on /var/lib/AccountsService/
filesystem: 755  package: 775

I think it should be easily solved by changing the directory permission to 775, right?

Thanks.

This happens when the package has different permission than what it was before, you could usually change the permission or leave it as it may be a mistake by packager. Usually not a real issue I think.

1 Like
1 Like

I’ve got issues with sudo
“$USER is not in the sudoers file. This incident will be reported”
GUI applications has no issues with getting priviledges, though. KDE Plasma

I just got it and am resolving it manually

You can restore the file in /etc/sudoers.d/ folder with content

%wheel ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL

or you can uncomment the line with similar parameter in /etc/sudoers file, either of this method will work, doing it with su (login as root).

3 Likes

I don’t know if it’s related, but i have also got microphone not being recognized on PipeWire after a reboot, using systemctl restart --user pipewire pipewire-pulse solved this

6 posts were split to a new topic: Cannot use sudo anymore after recent testing update

I have a huge problem with printer drivers since the update, but I can’t be sure if this introduced in this or previous updates. I believe I saw some comments about printing issue with the previous update.

Now the printer became completely unusable, because each white space is printed as dark gray (using up a lot of ink and making the document unreadable).

What can I do to debug this? I already tried various settings, nothing helped. The system sees the document correctly, only the printer is not handling it properly. The same documents (pdf and others) printed on the same printer from windows, are correct.

I guess open a separate support thread. Giving all the possible info so people can try to help.

I noticed a pacnew in my cups conf so might be worth looking for a pacnew to see if anything needs merging

I don’t have any pacnew for cups…

All fine. No errors, mate desktop, amdgpu. Kernel 5.17-rc2