[Testing Update] 2021-11-22 - Kernels, Systemd 249.7, Wine, Haskell

Packages with the patch applied can be downloaded from here.

1 Like

libreoffice-fresh 7.2.2 -3 is BROKEN in this update! This becomes a common theme in the fresh version lately :frowning:
First, I get some weird display issues, incompatibility issues and finally CLIPBOARD not working. In short, LO in this version is unusable. This is disappointing.

After downgrading it to 7.2.2-2 all the new issues are fixed.

I may add, that all 7.2 versions suffer from various and pretty serious issues. I mean, for a casual user, those problems may go unnoticed, but if I want to use it professionally at work (along MS Office) then it’s a disaster. Earlier LO in fresh version was relatively stable, but now it’s just a catastrophe. Quality of new versions goes down quicker and quicker. What is happening?

Why? it is just a rebuild. And another will come by tomorrow or so …

have run into few myself, but is it due to manjaro/arch rebuids or issues in LO 7.2.2 from upstream.

I instaled the kernel from the git repo you linked but brightness controls still aren’t working - which is weird.

Should I open a new thread?

In this case this is a completely broken rebuild and maybe that is why a new one is already in queue. I tried to install it, but it won’t launch without the system update, so I must either switch to unstable or wait a bit.

If you can’t copy data from a spreadsheet to any other document, it means that all spreadsheets become useless. And since I use LO for work, you can imagine how dire consequences it brings. It’s as if I lost office suite. Someone screwed this up massively. Let’s hope the upcoming rebuild fixes it.

LO-fresh is meant to have its share of misgivings, why dont you switch to LO-stable

Because fresh version has features I need. LO is way behind MS Office, so I take any new features, like for example filtering by colors. It’s still inferior to what you can get in MS Office, but at least it’s there since LO 7.2. As said earlier, I use LO with MS Office for work, so any features that make LO a little bit closer to MS Office are welcomed.

LO 7.2.3 got released. Maybe it has some fixes.

Quick side question: since a well-functioning office suite is such an important basic requirement for your work, have you ever considered using an additional office suite, even if only as a backup? While I rarely if ever work with spreadsheets myself, I’ve often heard that OnlyOffice and SoftMaker Office have acceptable compatibility with Microsoft Office in this area as well.

Yes, I have considered and tried them all. I was heavily disappointed. They may be more compatible than LO, but compatibility is the least of the problems. They simply lack of BASIC FUNCTIONALITY. They may be good for school kids and casual users, but are not suitable for any normal work. LO, although strongly behind MS Office, is still the second-best office suite available.

Ah, I see. That’s too bad, but it was worth a try. But as @philm said, yesterday TDF released LibreOffice 7.2.3, with 112 bug fixes and compatibility improvements. The new version will surely be available in Manjaro soon.

To be fair using Manjaro in the workplace is probably not the smartest move anyway.

1 Like

Really there is nothing one can’t do in Linux now that they can in Windows and the work flow is typically far superior if you’re using Plasma or Gnome.

As you replied to me I guess this is directed to my reply. I never said anything about what you replied.

I said using Manjaro as a distribution when your job relies on it is not the smartest move.

Using any kind of Rolling Release implies having all kinds of new issues related to be on the bleeding edge of technologies. If you need a stable OS and stable programs, this is probably not the OS to use.

1 Like

At the very least they should be on the stable branch and using libre office stable if its for work. Yes manjaro is pretty stable and so is the stable branch but if you need it for work then the fewer risks you take the better

1 Like