[Testing Update] 2021-10-27 - Kernels, KDE Plasma 5.23.2, Virtualbox, LibreOffice, Nvidia 470.82, Kodi, TB

Just out of curiosity , when will the kde 5.23.2 update comes to stable branch ?? sorry if it is not possible to tell :sweat_smile:

Maybe this or next weekend :woman_shrugging:

@anon59284200 @Yochanan Some hopefully helpful information gathering…

Warning: gsettings-desktop-schemas: local (41.0-1) is newer than extra (40.0-3)
[2021-10-05T15:00:46+0100] [ALPM] upgraded gsettings-desktop-schemas (40.0-3 -> 41.0-1)
:: Different overlay package(s) in repository extra x86_64

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                             PACKAGE           2021-09-23           2021-10-05
           gsettings-desktop-schemas               40.0-3                    -
:: Different sync package(s) in repository extra x86_64

PACKAGE           2021-09-23           2021-10-05
           gsettings-desktop-schemas                    -               41.0-1
:: Different sync package(s) in repository extra x86_64

PACKAGE              testing           2021-10-27
           gsettings-desktop-schemas                    -               41.0-1
Wed Oct 27 09:43:00 CEST 2021
### BoxIt memo ###

User philip created a snapshot of branch 'stable-staging' to 'testing'.

I complained and asked for answers but got ignored since last June about these weird branches stuff, nobody seemed interested in looking into what was going on. Multiple times updates simply skipped Testing branch. Stable-Staging seems to be the real Testing branch sometimes, and we get updates on Testing AFTER the Stable branch got them.

Here an example, and it was like that for three previous updates too

Or more recently, I even predicted it, and ‘warned’ about it, but still, had to wait the next day

Maybe things have to be looked at, sorted out, and clean branches update procedure put in place? Currently to me it makes no sense, looks like “amateur hour” sometimes, when I know people working on Manjaro are able to have high standards. It’s sad.

9 Likes

@philm @Yochanan

What do you expect of Testing branch?
What should we expect of Testing branch?

This is important, please comment.

2 Likes

open an issue on boxit2 ?
is it possible to create pre or post send hook like git ? not too hard for an grpc tool
boxit test version branch-1 and if the version is higher then display a warning to maintainer ?

Didn’t know what it was before you linked it. I may… not really motivated for now, I probably will if no one does it.

Regarding updating to Plasma 5.23, are there any issues with having certain effects enabled in 5.22.5 before the upgrade that are not part of the new Plasma? Or will those effects simply not exist afterwards and Plasma should otherwise work normally without having to know which effects to disable first? Thanks!

A post was split to a new topic: Easyeffects takes ~60% CPU

After the next update it is fixed

On their forums, Nvidia claims to have fixed GSYNC issues with version 470.82, but I am still getting black screen in games if I enable the feature.

@ManjaroTeam: I made the last updates with the testing branch on Manjaro KDE 21.1.6. I don’t encounter problem with it. I’m using wayland under KDE plasma 5.23.2 and for now it is ok. The new version of Latte dock (0.10.3) available in the testing branch solved my issue with the floating panel (hiding it). I’m happy. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hope to see these updates in the stable branch soon. :wink:

Thanks.

1 Like

I encounter 2 issues under Kde plasma 5.23.2 with Wayland session when I try to launch inkscape and Gimp :

Inkscape : bus error (core dump)
Gimp : segmentation fault.

Note: Switching from stable branch to testing branch.

Do you feel the current plasma is buggy? I opened a system-setting from latte and crashed, but when I open it in the plasma system dock it works fine.

Cannot reproduce,it doesn’t crash on my latte dock,at least for me Plasma 5.23 has not been buggy

As far as I’m concerned Latte still isn’t ready for primetime.

Finally i managed to build vhba module for kernel 5.15 without errors. This has been possible since PKGBUILD file upgrade 3 days ago by Bernhard Landauer in repo: Packages / Extra / linux515-extramodules / vhba-module · GitLab

1 Like

Yes, it is an overlay in stable-staging. Current update cycle is: Sync Arch in stable-staging, build our packages against it and pull our overlay packages from our unstable branch. Then snap it over to our testing branch. When all done, we may snap the result to stable.