[Testing Update] 2021-09-23 - Nvidia 470.74, Mesa 21.2.2, ZFS 2.1.1, Networkmanager, KDE-Git

wayland-protocols was a new orphan for me, dropped by latest gtk3 - I removed it.

1 Like

6 posts were split to a new topic: Harfbuzz 3.0.0 breaks chromium 95 dev

tbh i read post 2 and either missed it or phil edited it after I updated. Probably me that missed it lol

Still no vhba module for kernel 5.15 in repositories. CDEmu for example doesn’t work.

sddm crashes upon boot…

When does the 470.74 Nvidia driver release?

It already has.

Nvidia 470.74 fixed many issues that the previous driver version had, specially with Cyberpunk 2077, so I’m happy with that update.

Hmm I haven’t got the update yet, I am still on 470.63.01

You’re on the Testing branch, of course?

1 Like

No I’m on the stable branch, when does it release on the stable branch and also how to I switch branch if I wanted to?

Its normally a week or so to go from testing to stable. There’s a guide in the wiki for switching branches

https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php/Switching_Branches

It will probably not go on Stable due to the G-Sync issue with this driver. If you want the driver it is there on Testing branch.

2 Likes

So is it being delayed until that is fixed?

Nvidia-utils just got bumped to 470.74-2 on testing branch so hopefully the G-Sync issue is fixed, not had chance to check yet

No it is the exact same driver, I don’t know why it has received another package revision but look at what is before the dash, it is the driver version, 470.74.

//EDIT: On a side note, there is a link in the announcement here, first post, to the thread regarding this issue with G-Sync on Nvidia forum. The problem has been fixed internally on Nvidia side.

So this will be updated on Unstable when released (no ETA), then Testing, then Stable branch.

3 Likes

Latest update for manjaro-pulse 20210928-1 appears to have sorted out most of the dependencies, optional dependencies and conflicts well

But I do not think package sof-firmware should be included as a dependency
It is only require for Intel laptops to support digital microphone array in ALSA

This should be an optional dependency in manjaro-alsa meta package ?

1 Like

You’re right. Removed it with the 20211001-1 release.

1 Like

Why are some packages newer in stable branch than in testing? For instance, all the pipewire-* ones in stable are 0.3.37 while in testing are 0.3.36.