[Testing Update] 2020-12-19 - KDE-git, Deepin, Firefox-Beta, Haskell, Pamac 10.0

Not really new in this specific update, but I noticed something with telegram-desktop: it seems to be a git version, not a stable/release version.
The current stable version is 2.4.7 (also in arch) but we got 2.4.14.r33.g7a07acb12 in this update.
Also the PKGBUILD seems to be a bit different from the arch one, on Manjaro a lot more is pulled from different git repos.
@nightmare-2021 why is this, do we really need a dev/git build for telegram?

To compare,
arch: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/archlinux/svntogit-community/packages/telegram-desktop/trunk/PKGBUILD
manjaro: https://gitlab.manjaro.org/security-overlay/telegram-desktop/-/raw/master/PKGBUILD

1 Like

a very tiny update.

pamac (both pamac-cli & pamac-gtk) has LOST ability check for AUR updates it seems. I have double checked that AUR is enabled in pamac configuration.

1 Like

With ours we can have Group Voice Chats.

1 Like

That is fatal - important to clarify…

2 posts were split to a new topic: System does not boot with 5.10 kernel

Cool beans Manjaro team, loved the Pamac 10.0 performance and look ! Thanks guys :slight_smile:

I can confirm the same. AUR is enabled but no AUR updates are showing even though I know there is one

Pamac 10 often does not return search results. I type what I want, press enter, and nothing happens

Here is (probably) the correct list of changes:
https://gitlab.manjaro.org/-/snippets/567/raw

Pamac gui is now fixed, thanks for the quick fix :+1: :+1:

I cannot upgrade pamac-trap-appindicator due to conflicting files with pamac-gtk (I am unsure why, but that is the only thing i cannot upgrade)

Yes because the new package is from the AUR… You might need to simply delete the offending files.
My guess is it would be these 2 files:

/usr/bin/pamac-tray
/etc/xdg/autostart/pamac-tray.desktop

I quite dislike the change in layout in pamac though… its a more vertical layout more usable on a phone while on desktop nowadays we have more realestate in terms of width.

2 Likes

getting:

Checking file conflicts…
Failed to commit transaction:
conflicting files:

• pamac-tray-appindicator: /etc/xdg/autostart/pamac-tray.desktop already exists in filesystem (owned by pamac-gtk)
  • pamac-tray-appindicator: /usr/bin/pamac-tray already exists in filesystem (owned by pamac-gtk)

Yea im not too much of a fan of the new layout either, mostly since the left sidebar is gone, it looks a bit odd now. Got the package updated as well, thanks (hopefully it doesnt bite me later)

You can simply delete those two files, then update the tray-appindicator since its the same files afaik

I see that there are new pamac updates. Why so many new packages needs to be installed now and why pamac-tray-appindicator is from AUR now?

I also have the conflicting files. Which one needs to be deleted? Ah, never mind, I removed both of them.

I also am not a fan of UI changes, but maybe it’s only a matter of habit, so maybe I will get use to it with time.

im also getting this warning:

parallel: Warning: $HOME not set. Using /tmp.

and hopefully its not just me but since firefox developer 85 i have had an issue where it wont load. i just get one frozen firefox window on load and i have to kill it. uninstall it. reinstall it. log out. start in safe mode when it asks me too. then quit it and start it up again. then its fine till then next beta update.

Fixed with pamac-tray-icon-plasma 0.1.2-2. Now it properly conflicts with and replaces pamac-tray-appindicator.

so i have updated pamac-* to 10.0.0-2.

unfortunately the pamac still fails to find AUR updates. on top of that i did bit of testing tried installing a package, when pamac-manager crashed consistently. the stack traces and terminal dumps were reported in manjaro gitlab;

i’ve also logged a bug for the AUR update detection.

mhwd --list has no sense in this case. Use mhwd -li to show which configs are installed on your system.