[Testing Update] 2020-11-09 - Deepin, Firefox, LxQt 0.16, Wine 5.21, Python, Haskell

Hello community,

Another testing branch update with some usual updates for you!

We are going convergence on the PinePhone! They are still available: Grab yours! #stayhome, #staysafe, #stayhealthy

• Deepin got new package updates
  • Another beta and stable release of Firefox
  • LxQT 0.16.0 got released
  • Wine is at 5.21
  • Usual Python and Haskell package updates and rebuilds

If you like following latest Plasma development you may also like to check out our current version of manjaro-kde-dev, which we build on a regular basis against kde-git master packages. Also check out our latest Manjaro Nibia 20.2 release candidate! KDE, XFCE and Gnome

Our current supported kernels

• linux44 4.4.241
  • linux49 4.9.241
  • linux414 4.14.204
  • linux419 4.19.155
  • linux54 5.4.75
  • linux57 5.7.19 [EOL]
  • linux58 5.8.18 [EOL]
  • linux59 5.9.6
  • linux510 5.10-rc3
  • linux54-rt 5.4.74_rt41
  • linux59-rt 5.9.1_rt19

Packages Changes (Mon Nov 9 22:29:21 CET 2020)

• testing community x86_64: 1008 new and 997 removed package(s)
  • testing core x86_64: 4 new and 4 removed package(s)
  • testing extra x86_64: 138 new and 138 removed package(s)
  • testing multilib x86_64: 3 new and 3 removed package(s)

A list of all changes can be found here.

• No issue, everything went smoothly
  • Yes there was an issue. I was able to resolve it myself.(Please post your solution)
  • Yes i am currently experiencing an issue due to the update. (Please post about it)

0 voters

Check if your mirror has already synced:

2 Likes

Known issues and solutions

This is a wiki post; please edit as necessary.
Please, consider subscribing to the Testing Updates Announcements RSS feed

libtraceevent>=5.9-1 update requires manual intervention

2020-10-23 - SĂ©bastien Luttringer

The libtraceevent package prior to version 5.9-1 was missing a soname link. This has been fixed in 5.9-1, so the upgrade will need to overwrite the untracked files created by ldconfig. If you get any of these errors

libtraceevent: /usr/lib/libtraceevent.so.1 exists in filesystem

when updating, use

pacman -Syu --overwrite /usr/lib/libtraceevent.so.1

to perform the upgrade.

https://www.archlinux.org/news/libtraceevent59-1-update-requires-manual-intervention/

OpenVPN connection times out.

Workaround: donwgrade openvpn (2.5.0-1 => 2.4.9-2).
For a proper solution follow this bug report on Arch Linux: FS#68480 : [openvpn] running unprivileged with iproute no longer working

Older Issues

PAM and PAMBASE got updated, which might prevent you from login

Due to updates from pambase and pam you might take care about any .pacnew files in /etc/pam.d as for example pam_tally, pam_tally2 and pam_cracklib got deprecated. Read in the ArchWiki about managing those files.

Typical issue:

For recovery, it is enough to boot with kernel option “systemd.unit=rescue.target”, then proceed into /etc/pam.d and merge “system-auth” and “system-auth.pacnew”

System takes a long time to boot

If you’ve got errors like Failed to start Network Manager Wait Online. you can try removing systemd from passwd and group in /etc/nsswitch.conf as described here
Update: If you can see the line
dbus-daemon[1453]: [system] Connection has not authenticated soon enough, closing it (auth_timeout=30000ms, elapsed: 45146ms)
in in your dbus log ( journalctl -b -u dbus ), the new/better workaround is to switch cups from service to socket as described here:
systemctl disable org.cups.cupsd.service
systemctl enable org.cups.cupsd.socket

I think I’ve some font problems

With the update of fontconfig some major rules how fonts get applied changed. Make sure that your system has ttf-dejavu installed. A more in depth explanation can be found here.

Gnome-shell-extension-pop-shell is currently incompatible with wayland

… and causes the system to freeze when the first window is tiled and can render it unbootable. Solution is a hard reset and disabling either pop shell or wayland. If the system becomes unbootable, use a live USB to edit /etc/gdm/custom.conf to disable wayland and reboot.

Hello,

I made an installation of Manjaro 20.2 KDE-rc1 on an usb key for testing that version. Then, I switched to testing branch and I had updates (dolphin, okular, firefox, …). For now, everything is all right. Now I’m waiting that Kde plasma 5.20.3 is available in the testing branch.

Note: Everything is not translated in another language (I tested in French). Some buttons are still in English. I also tested Wayland, but I can’t use some software that I use under Kde plasma (for example: Qtvkbd, xgamma or kgamma, …). So, I will stay yet for a long time under Kde plasma. I don’t like Night Color option in the KDE plasma, it doesn’t work as good as xgamma or kgamma.

I have a last request. Would it possible to have an option (in the installer), as it is the case in the new gnome version, that would allow to install Manjaro KDE 20.2 final version as an OEM installation ? So, I will be able to install it on the computers of my friends and my familly.

Thanks for your work the Manjaro Team. :wink:

Regards.

i think you might have gotten the date wrong?!
Or did the thread just come 4 days late? I don’t see any new updates at least ^^

See the last Testing update announcement