[Testing Update] 2020-11-02 - Kernels, KDE-Git, Nvidia 455.38, Deepin, PulseAudio, Python, Haskell

I am also having sound issues with pipewire errors in the logs. Sometimes sound will work and then pulseaudio crashes and won’t have sound until I reboot.

I did find the following on the forums which seems to have helped (I don’t have NVIDIA, but still helped with PulseAudio):

But this seems to just be disabling the pipewire socket and not actually “fixing” the issue, but it has worked for me for a few hours. Pipewire 0.3.15 is not in the testing repo yet, but I’ll download from the Arch repos and see if I have any crashes with that version.

Definitely something to look into because I also had issues after pulseaudio crashing with videos and general system performance until I rebooted or at least signed out/back in. Was making my system generally frustrating to use.

Sorry, I posted in the wrong thread. Feel free (to the moderator) to delete this message.

Upgrading to Pipewire 0.3.15 seems to be working. Tested all night and still good this morning. This version is in the new Testing Update that was released 2020-11-06 as well.