[Testing Update] 2020-08-15 - KDE Apps 20.08, Deepin, Firefox, Python, Haskell

One of our developers will check the issue. We might provide a Plasma Tray application to replace the AppIndicator soon.

Just the pamac one or replace AppIndicator as a whole?
Some other applications, like GreenWithEnvy have the same blurry and/or dark tray icon issues, and started happening at the same time with pamac.

Edit: What pamac and GWE have in common is libappindicator-gtk3, which was also updated when these visual glitches arrived.

I think he meant Pamac only, as it is programmed by guinux from Manjaro team.

I am having a problem with the 5.8.1-2 kernel

When mkinitcpio runs, there is a warning message: “Possibly missing firmware for module xhci_pci”

Sure enough, when I boot this kernel I am unable to access drives attached to my USB3 PCI card.

lspci shows the card.
lsusb does not show the attached devices.

This all works fine with the 5.7 and earlier kernels.

I’ve been getting that message for at least the last 3 updates and haven’t noticed any issues.

Do you have a USB PCI card?

I switched
QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=“qt5ct” to
QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=gnome
How do I set the Manjaro Settings Manager entries to open with a single click? I previously used Qt5 Settings but that is not the settings manager now for this. TIA

Everything went smoothly.

The Nvidia hardware encoder still broken with the latest version of FFmpeg. This problem reached the stable branch. The new 450 driver needs to be prioritized.

1 Like

I have that message with kernel 5.8 too.
if I understand correctly it seems a problem with devices of a specific brand (Renesas)

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=257937

Update went fine except for that annoying xhci warning as always on Linux 5.8 - it has become a common thing since the first rc. I will be surprised one day when this message is gone haha.

Welcome back, forum! :smiley:
No issues here on KDE/amd/5.8 for the last updates since the forum went read-only

k 5.7 and 4.19 everything seems ok
a new icon of yakuake is appearing in the tray

PS
discobot is having a message every time I login breaking my balls :face_vomiting:

Hey everyone on the new Forum :raised_hand: :wink: It looks very cool :dark_sunglasses:
Update went fine: linux57 + BTRFS + XFCE

All 3 sets of updates since after the old forum went down and before this one was up and running went without issue on two machines. That said updates still should not have been pushed while we didn’t have a support forum.

Yes, my board is the uPD720201.

Patch seems to be missing or not working.

Thanks

@philm minor notice. testing update code name still reads;

$ lsb_release -a
LSB Version: n/a
Distributor ID: ManjaroLinux
Description: Manjaro Linux
Release: 20.0.3
Codename: Lysia

It appears there may be more work being done on this

https://lkml.kernel.org/lkml/20200816115950.400594-1-vkoul@kernel.org/T/

That is par for course