[Testing Update] 2020-05-21 - Kernels, Toolchain, Mesa, KDE Apps, Cinnamon, Browser

@notageek can you link me to that bug?

Is it https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=421830 (or a duplicate of that one)?

It seems the issue is not present in KDE Plasma git version, but also the layout is different.

I still don't get it. What exactly is missing?

i guess the missing entries (haven't updated today yet, though)

Yes, the missing entries.... When expanding the arrow the sub-tree is displayed, but not the branch icon.

I'm an idiot, but not as big of an idiot as I could have been.

I applied the mostly empty /etc/shadow.pacnew and that (obviously) prevented me logging in after rebooting, so I couldn't even fix it with the copy I made beforehand (less of an idiot).

Long story short: found out it's possible to write bootable usb-sticks from some android phones, and I fixed it from the live environment.

Cleanup of the Manjaro repos "demoted" xdg-su to the AUR (explanation on Unstable thread)

$ pacman -Qm       
xdg-su 1.2.3-1

And new orphans:

$ pacman -Qdt            
lib32-libdbusmenu-gtk2 16.04.0-4
lib32-libindicator-gtk2 12.10.1-8

I was able to remove them (sudo pacman -Rsn and re-boot) without any immediate breakage.

Launch from terminal it would complain at relevant .so files

Is this what you mean?

$ kinfocenter
Couldn't load plugin "kcms/kcm_about_distro" : "The shared library was not found."  -- falling back to old-style loading from desktop file

Everything went fine on my KDE box just some missing entries on kinfocenter but i don't really care tbh @philm

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=255670

Arch Wiki wrote:

Warning: Arch Linux defaults of the files are created as .pacnew files by new releases of the filesystem package. Unless Pacman outputs related messages for action, these .pacnew files can, and should, be disregarded/removed. New required default users and groups are added or re-added as needed by systemd-sysusers(8) or the package install script.

2 Likes

sorry for late, I'm not always on pc...

$ kinfocenter
Couldn't load plugin "kcms/kcm_about_distro" : "La libreria dinamica non è stata trovata."  -- falling back to old-style loading from desktop file

same as pointed out @mparillo

still present also after today update in unstable

Latest optimus-manager deprecated the set-startup argument so I had to create a new optimus-manager.conf at /etc/optimus-manager/ to set the startup_mode key.

Ditto, but I would like to have the missing Icons back in Info Center. Side note 522 updates and after reboot the icons in Info Center seem to be the only issue.

1 Like

With 472 packages, this was quite a big update. But after reboot everything seems to work as expected. :+1:

Packages (599)
Total Download Size: 1464.54 MiB
Total Installed Size: 4960.80 MiB
Net Upgrade Size: 31.49 MiB

"Oh, grandma! What a big update you have!" :girl:
"The better to keep you on the leading edge, my dear." :wolf:

Looks like all went fine here. Yay!

1 Like

Most likely kinfocenter doesn't play well with the new frameworks. However, this is already fixed in upcoming 5.19.0 release of Plasma. Also Arch won't fix it for current 5.18 series.

So I addressed the KDE-Developer from our end to see what is going on. His response:

Needs the debugging for sure. I suspect something regessed in kiconthemes or breeze icons. I'll have a look next week

7 Likes

Forum kindly sponsored by