Download and check Manjaro Isos: all in one app

Hi community,
just for simplify download and integrity check for our Manjaro Isos flavour i have developed a simple GUI:
manjaro-iso-downloader .

Now without open a browser you can download our lastest official isos and the last community isos, the app can download full and minimal version, the corresponding shasums and the GPG signing file; when iso is downloaded the app check checksums and signing and show you the result. Last but not the last manjaro-iso-downloader can download the torrent version opposite at the direct download without use an external torrent app like transmission or deluge.

For now i have upload in unstable branch.

Cheers
Stefano

17 Likes

Thanks a lot for sharing.

I am new to this forum, so I don’t know where to find things. Where is your app located? Where is this unstable branch?
Currently I am downloading the ISO and writing it to USB using a writer which comes with Linux Mint Cinnamon. Trouble is that checking the ISO is not working. I can’t find anything on the Manjaro download site that advises me how to verify the ISO. The .sha256 and .sig files are there to be downloaded, but I don’t know what to do with them.

Found it at manjaro-iso-downloader

Was in the first post.

See in general also

See the Manjaro wiki:

Missed this post when it came out. Good stuff. :sunglasses:

I just found out about this. Thank you so much for your work. Looks and works good. Love the app!

Another scripted utility [root tip] [Utility Script] Using python to download and verify a Manjaro ISO

OK, while we’re on a roll… yet another Manjaro ISO downloader:

sudo pacman -Syu qtbittorrent

Valid for as long as magnet/torrent files are provided.

I have come from Linux Mint, and I’m still using it, but on their download site, there are clear instructions and commands to copy and paste into terminal for verifying a downloaded ISO. With Cinnamon there is a USB writer that verifies the ISO within the app. But that only works with Linux Mint ISOs I think. It didn’t seem to work with Manjaro ISO. On the download web page there should be a link to the wiki. I couldn’t find anything there when I downloaded.
Meanwhile, I also installed Fedora and their process is very slick. There is an app which download, checks and writes to the USB. Excellent. Fedora Media Writer

Manjaro Linux is not a handholding distribution - yes, it makes it easy in many ways but the user is expected to know their way around a Linux system or be able to search the forum and wiki for relevant info.

1 Like