[Testing Update] 2019-12-22 - Kernels, KDE-Git, Xorg-Stack, Rebuilds

LOL thanks, wish you had posted about an hour ago. take a read of my above post. will bookmark you post for future reference. i'm assuming downgrade doesn't mean reverting tb back to the previous build?

1 Like

Yep, it doesn't revert to previous build. I don't have many add-ons installed, but all mine are working. I can't guarantee that some may not break though.

Any idea when Qt 5.14 will come? All qtwebengine browsers are extreamly unstable and crashing alot.
Falkon/qutebrowser, etc..

just ran topgrade to see what messages i'd get, and got the following.

Missing AUR Packages:  pyqt5-common  xf86-input-keyboard  xf86-input-mouse
Pacman backup configuration files found:
/etc/mkinitcpio.d/linux55.preset.pacsave

It should be the next Manjaro Testing update. Qt 5.14 just dropped in Arch a few hours ago.

1 Like

Pulling updates now, backup is ready, fingers crossed :upside_down_face:

Breakage as expected :slight_smile:
SDDM fails to start.

qt5-base doesn't seem to be updated to 5.14 in the repo yet.

1 Like

Update went fine, no probs with TB.

We have to see about those thunderbird issues. Seems @jonathon pushed them to all branches. Unstable might have an "older" build than we have for "testing". So if you update to the one for "unstable", which was moved to testing this effect appears.

thunderbird simply has this effect. Another thing would be if we drop our overlay and the Arch Package was built before our overlay packages were built.

In both cases the revisions of the package are newer but the build date older, which then effects databases.

Magic spell:
Terminal: thunderbird --allow-downgrade

I rebuilt thunderbird and also compiz. Most likely we should be set now for a new stable snap ...

8 Likes

"It should be the next Manjaro Testing update. Qt 5.14 just dropped in Arch a few hours ago."

as long as the announcement is posted more than a few hours before the update is released.

not sure what either of those have to do with what i reported in the one thread and linked to here. that said something i shouls of asked about yesterday is there a command that will simply tell me what updates are out there so i can then decide if i need to backup before actually doing the available updates? thanks

Ah, sorry, I thought you need Qt5.14.

no worries, i can speak for you but it's still early here so i can understand some misunderstanding. now.

is there a command that will simply tell me what updates are out there so i can then decide if i need to backup before actually doing the available updates? thanks

Yes, checkupdates

2 Likes

nice, nice and simple to remember. thanks

I solved that problem.
For Thunderbird, yesterday, I placed the thunderbird --profilemanager command and I got my old profile back in .thunderbird, it's in the form xxxxxx.default and no problem, the new version has taken over all my email accounts.

1 Like

Unfortunately, my old profile seems gone, lists only new profile...

Forum kindly sponsored by