[Testing Update] 2019-12-09 - KDE-git, Grub, Systemd-Boot-Manager, MSM

it seems as though the next stable release has already been sent. however, there was no announcement. was that intentional?

3 Likes

Be patient young padawan, an announcement surely will follow in a few minutes/hours.

1 Like

Where do I change the size of the dialog boxes of gtk3? I like the size of gtk3-classic.

I got an error while updating manjaro-system:

(1/1) 正在更新 manjaro-system                      [######################] 100%
error: 1 argument(s) specified

Usage: vercmp <ver1> <ver2>

I suppose a bug here with your lang ...
you can force english : LANG=C pacman -Syu

can you return here pacman -Q | grep 'manjaro-system' -m1 | cut -d' ' -f2 and pacman -Q | grep 'manjaro-system' -m1 for view your result ? for fix code in manjaro-system

[root@bill-manjaro bill]# pacman -Q | grep 'manjaro-system' -m1 | cut -d' ' -f2
20191208-1
[root@bill-manjaro bill]# pacman -Q | grep 'manjaro-system' -m1
manjaro-system 20191208-1

Do you have gtk3-classic installed on your system? Seems that is the culprit

1 Like

No, it's not installed. So I think this error can be safely ignored.

This is not the content of the current manjaro-system package.
Current version contains:

# replace gtk3-classic with regular upstream gtk3
    if [ "$(pacman -Qq | grep 'gtk3-classic' -m1)" == "gtk3-classic" ]; then
        msg "replacing gkt3-classic with regular gtk3 ..."
        msg "If you want to continue using the -classic or -mushroom version please install from the AUR."
        rm /var/lib/pacman/db.lck &> /dev/null
        pacman -Rdd --noconfirm gtk3-classic
        pacman -S --noconfirm gtk3
        if [ "$(pacman -Qq | grep 'lib32-gtk3-classic' -m1)" == "lib32-gtk3-classic" ]; then
            pacman -Rdd --noconfirm lib32-gtk3-classic
            pacman -S --noconfirm lib32-gtk3
        fi
    fi
1 Like

That mirror seems to be down. You might want to rebuild your mirror-list...

1 Like

This error is because I removed accountsservice when I tried cleaning up unused packages. Seems to be fixed in manjaro-system 20191210-1.

Yep, what I thought. I fixed all vercmp cmds ...

1 Like

I also thought this as I know I am not on the testing branch - wondering why I have been notified of this update.

I'm on stable as well with 2 machines and both got a huge update. Still no announcement though, which makes one wonder if this was intentional indeed.

I also am on stable on desktop computer and also had the update.

That's why I love using Manjaro Linux. Automatically install new kernel recommended by developer.

Even better, if the new kernel gives you any trouble, you can drop back to the old one almost effortlessly.

Is it safe to switch to kernel 5.4?
[Tested on Arch and Manjaro Unstable in VMWARE without issues]

There is always a potential difference on real hardware, concerning GPU drivers (mostly).

FWIW when having installed linux-latest, it's not easy to uninstall it, if you want.
You"ll have to manually uninstall all linux-latest-* packages, since mhwd (Manjaro utility) is not compatible with this (Manjaro meta-package). :upside_down_face:

The update process in Manjaro is confusing. The system is setup for stable updates only. Today, the testing update was installed on PC.

Running sudo pacman-mirrors -G confirms the system is on stable branch.

Any thoughts on which files should be modified so only stable updates are installed.

Sudhir

Forum kindly sponsored by