[Testing Update] 2019-06-27 - Kernels, XFCE, Mesa, Plasma5, Systemd, Cinnamon, XFCE

curl 7.65.1-2 core dump seems to have been fixed. Which also affected rtorrent (8 hours and no crashes with 7.65.1-3), and maybe other curl applications.

Great to hear that dbus fixed most of the issues.

4 Likes

There's unfortunately a problem with widgets in KDE - simply no reaction after choosing "add widgets"
. Anyone experiencing such an issue?

This happened to me today with one of AppImages I have:

./minter-console-0.5.0-x86_64_d094b8e27a6a26c34083684f238bd241.appimage 
[8355:0628/023400.548893:FATAL:setuid_sandbox_host.cc(157)] The SUID sandbox helper binary was found, but is not configured correctly. Rather than run without sandboxing I'm aborting now. You need to make sure that /tmp/.mount_minterdqchoq/chrome-sandbox is owned by root and has mode 4755.
fish: ā€œ./minter-console-0.5.0-x86_64_dā€¦ā€ terminated by signal SIGTRAP (Trace or breakpoint trap)

I had to do
sudo sysctl kernel.unprivileged_userns_clone=1
"Mainstream" distros solve this in some another way since Fedora and openSUSE (what I am sure of) do run that AppImage as usual.

I was able to successfully right-click on my desktop, and add the timer widget. Fully updated KDE Testing, pretty standard Manjaro out-of-the-box.

I try to fix the issue might been caused by apparmor.

2 Likes

No issues. Xfce, TTY, 5.2.

I have "fixed" this another way.... just returned to AUR :innocent::joy:

1 Like

A year ago this was my choice too. But now I am almost sure these perturbations will end soon, Phil got it covered :slightly_smiling_face:
And i'll get rid of AUR stuff finally...

Yes, I agree ... but sometimes you need to have a software just working NOW. So AUR it is for now... but I think I'll be back later to Flatpak.... we'll see.

no more message

mjro systemd[1]: Failed to bump fs.file-max, ignoring: Invalid argument
1 Like

I have the same issue but can't even get into a virtual terminal. Can't boot into my system. Any suggestions appreciated!

I can confirm that running sysctl kernel.unprivileged_userns_clone=1 allows flatpak packages to run again.

Without that, flatpak packages currently do not run with or without apparmor installed (tested with reboots immediately after uninstalling/installing apparmor).

Doesn't look like removing it causes any issues, but i didn't change anything to activate it either.
Testing from an existing install (current install has been routinely updated since april of 2018).

chroot and update
change branch to unstable if no upadates are available.

AppArmor updated and works fine, thanks. Installing apparmor-profiles puts smbd to complain mode automatically, which is pretty OK for me.

However, the problem with flatpaks and some AppImages seems to be unrelated to AppArmor, at least nothing changed for me in this regard, I mean the error still persists even if I disable apparmor completely (with removing kernel options).

1 Like

Both my systems updated via TTY.
Other computer (2700X) without issue. linux 5.2 kernel
My AMD 6300FX updated fine-ish. I did see @korealinux mentioned the issue already. Fixed.
I also saw peoples flatpaks are broken and it is on mine as well. Linux 5.1 kernel.
Someone already posted the error but I'll toss mine in here as well.

bwrap: No permissions to creating new namespace, likely because the kernel does not allow non-privileged user namespaces. On e.g. debian this can be enabled with 'sysctl kernel.unprivileged_userns_clone=1'.
error: ldconfig failed, exit status 256

I haven't read through the thread yet as I saw discussion about fixing it. I'll give it a read when I get back from shopping. :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Thanks. Luckily there was one update to dbus which solved my issue. Had to boot into a live iso and fiddle with resolv.conf to get networking to work.

new conky has memory leak

1 Like

OMZ yes you are spot on -- mine, with only Uptime 1d14h, currently = 1.7 GiB ... that is unprecedented.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by Bytemark