Scannen tut nicht

Ich habe das All-in-one-Gerät Brother MFC-J5320DW und das Drucken funktioniert. Allerdings tut das Scannen nicht. Das Gerät ist über Netzwerkkabel angeschlossen und die probierten Programme, wie scanlite, wollen vermutlich über USB auf den Scanner zugreifen.

Ich hatte den Scanner schon mal laufen, aber das ist eine Weile her und ich weiß nicht mehr, wie ich es gemacht habe. Es wurden Dateien unter /opt abgelegt und in einer musste ich die IP-Adresse des Geräts eintragen. Ich meine auch, dass es im AUR die erforderlichen Dateien gibt, aber ich kann sie nicht finden.

Kann mir jemand weiterhelfen?

Hi @Anando,

I used Google Translate to understand your message, so something might have gone missing in translation.

The drivers can be found in the AUR you mentioned:

$ pamac search J5320DW
brother-mfc-j5320dw                                                                                                                                                                                                3.0.1-3  AUR
LPR and CUPS driver for the Brother MFC-J5320DW

So can be installed with:

pamac build brother-mfc-j5320dw

I don’t have it, so can’t test it, but that might be what you’re looking for.

Hope this helps!

Hi @Mirdarthos,

the drivers you mentioned are for printing only. As I remember there are drivers for scanning, too, but where?

Greets
Anando

Sorry, then I am unable to help any more.

However, I just checked, and I saw that there is a Linux driver on their website albeit .rpm and .deb file downloads. So maybe something can be done with them? Perhaps Debtap will help?

Sorry I can’t be of more help.

Edit:
Just found this, perhaps it helps:

Hallo Anando,
hilft dir das weiter?
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/SANE/Scanner-specific_problems#Brother
vielleicht brscan4 und dann noch etwas weiterlesen und basteln :wink:

viele Grüße gosia

1 Like

I don’t know how to convert .deb or .rpm files to the Manjaro format.I tried to download the Linux driver on Brother’s website, but the download didn’t work.

Then I had the idea to look on

https://wiki.archlinux.de/title/Brother-Drucker

and found a short description of how to install a Brother printer and scanner. I downloaded brscan3 and brscan-skey and installed them.

pamac build brscan3
pamac build brscan-skey

Then I entered

brsaneconfig3 -a name=Brother model=MFC-J5320DW ip=192.168.178.27

But it says that this the wrong model. But there’s no typo.

What can I do to solve this problem?

Anando

Hallo @gosia,

ja, das hat mir weitergeholfen. Ich hatte das falsche brscan heruntergeladen. brscan4 installiert und schon lief der Scanner.

Vielen Dank euch beiden für eure Zeilen.

Man sieht sich
Anando

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.