Raspberry 4- Unable to connect to Wifi

Recently got a RPI4 B and started to use Manjaro ARM.
Despite swapping between Raspbian and Manjaro ARM ( different SD cards ) , all of the sudden lost Wifi access but the Wifi loss were a bit strange.
i can “see” all the wireless LANs but am unable to connect and get an IP address from them.

In order to rule out Software details I remade the Raspbian image in another card with the same beahivour and only after swapped between Raspbian and Manjaro ARM, and for my surprise Manjaro ARM is also unable to connect to any of the Wifi networks.

The Manjaro ARM GUI lists the wireless networks then asks for WPA password and then keeps asking for the password but is unable to receive an IP address…

Any ideas ?
Or is the wifi component burned out ?

have you tried rebooting the router

Not yet…
But in order to sort it out I even tried other devices to access the Wifi network without any problem …
At the moment there about 5 devices all connecting to the same router without any issues whatsoever …

What is your routers model?

My router model is a “NOS” proprietary manta fiber converter …
NOS is a PT comunication provider …
Although after some fiddling with another router it seems that it started to work properly.

Are you using an external USB drive? If so, that may be the issue.
Or maybe you did not set the CRDA for your country (/etc/default/crda)?

that is interesting … the USB drive …
I did not correlate the presence of an USB drive to affect the Wifi connection …
But the truth is that only after attached an external USB pendrive to the raspberry was when I lost the wifi…
during the afternoon I will correlate with that …
thanks for the idea …

There is more info available on the Internet about it.

1 Like

thanks for the info.
Another strange detail…
For 2 days everything worked as expected .
but now even if keep the USB without any connection ( besides a mouse and keyboard) ,I am still not be able to connect to the wifi network.
Although at this point I have rule out hardware problems as the system works flawlessly in another place.

By question now is this:
Why does the wifi network being identified correctly, asked and replied the correct password but no IPV4 request is received ?
( i have called the dhclient manually in order to understand the lack of IPv4 address…)
Any ideas ?

Hi,
Have you try disabling IPV6?

Yes.
Normally where there such kind of problems that is one my first ideas …
Disabling Ipv6 … but with no sucess…
Nonetheless for the time being ( because I still have a spare RJ45 port) I am using a 15m cable to the raspberry …