[Testing Update] 2019-02-19 - Systemd, Wine-Staging-Nine, Python

update
testing

Do you have a modified /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf or is it on defaults?

Hey thanks,

But no I’ve never touched it…

~]$ cat /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf
# Configuration file for NetworkManager.
# See "man 5 NetworkManager.conf" for details.

Edit - FS#61688 - [networkmanager] 100% CPU consumption https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/61688

Comment by Stephan S (buzo) - Tuesday, 19 February 2019, 15:35 GMT
Confirmed, curl 7.64.0-9 fixes this bug for me. Thanks!

AUR’s curl-git package solves problem until curl gets a version bump.

FWIW, I updated Stable branch using Yakuake in KDE with no ill effects that I can see. I did need to reboot using systemctl reboot as noted in “Known issues and solutions” of this announcement.

Summary

Kernel: x86_64 Linux 4.20.10-1-MANJARO
Uptime: 24m
Packages: 1415
Shell: bash 5.0.0
Resolution: 1600x900
DE: KDE 5.55.0 / Plasma 5.15.0
WM: KWin
GTK Theme: Breath [GTK2/3]
Icon Theme: breath
Font: Noto Sans Regular
CPU: Intel Core i5-3230M @ 4x 3.2GHz [56.0°C]
GPU: Mesa DRI Intel® Ivybridge Mobile  
RAM: 1097MiB / 7880MiB

Thanks.

Definitely bit me. I saw the huge update, looked for an announcement, for some reason assumed that the i686 announcement was the update I was seeing, didn’t see any issues or special instructions reported, and updated away. Now I gotta fix my system.

Anything more than a firefox or thunderbird update sees me straight to tty to update . I had no problems updating my system tonight , I already knew from reading the announcement for the testing branch that no downgrades were involved so tty and pacman -Syyu = no trouble at all . There’s always Timeshift just in case as well . I saw several complaints by people that ran the update via GUI and I doubt those individuals would have paid any attention to an announcement anyway . But I did figure some would get bit by the delayed announcement as well . Mind you , I’m not blaming Phil , the man is entitled to a life outside of Manjaro .

Also updated stable KDE 4.19, had to use sudo rm /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyQt5/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-37.pyc and then after update systemctl reboot, works great, thanks

I did the same thing, though I have not restarted my system and everything is fine. Will check after the exams.

I wonder how I got through Testing with Pamac GUI and just end up doing fine, as it as nothing. :thinking:

And I mistreated my systems: I downgraded entirely to Stable and upgraded entirely to Testing a couple of time just to see if it would crash.

I did that both on a desktop PC with a NVIDIA GPU + dual screen and on a laptop (a lame one though, not one of those thing on Optimus). Both on Manjaro Cinnamon.

I’ve jumped branches and I run a Nvidia card as well on my desktop . It’s an interesting question and beyond my drug addled brain right now . I guess there’s no easy way to collect stats on it though . Hmmm , I have degenerative arthritis and stenosis of the spine and I take medication to slow down the involuntary nerve and muscle impulses , I’m about as smart as a box of rocks right now , definitely not the sharpest pencil in the box , I’m gonna go with pure dumb luck on my part . :grinning:

I get the following answer, when i try to update:

Fehler: Konnte den Vorgang nicht durchführen (In Konflikt stehende Dateien)
python-pyqt5: /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyQt5/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-37.pyc existiert im Dateisystem
Fehler sind aufgetreten, keine Pakete wurden aktualisiert.

What can i do?:thinking:

Do this:

Then upgrade again

They will, and I did but I’d guess I’ll be in something of a minority. I’ll try and post the solution to the particular variant of the pyqt5 conflict I encountered on the stable announcement when it goes up. Thanks to all in testing

Well, a pretty good thing you could have done, was SEARCH this forum, from which you’d discover the plethora of posts mentioning this.

In testing we have had minor problems.

I hope this mini update fixes you issue -upgraded curl (7.64.0-7 -> 7.64.0-7.1)

It has! Thanks manjaro team :grinning:

closed #60

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.