[Testing Update] 2019-01-03 - Pacman, Pamac, Deepin, Haskell, Python

update
testing

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] Y
(19/19) checking keys in keyring                   [######################] 100%
(19/19) checking package integrity                 [######################] 100%
(19/19) loading package files                      [######################] 100%
(19/19) checking for file conflicts                [######################] 100%
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
dunst: /usr/bin/dunstify exists in filesystem (owned by dunstify)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

@philm can we overlay this?

overlay
# Maintainer: Johannes Löthberg <johannes@kyriasis.com>
# Contributor: Daniel Wallace <danielwallace at gtmanfred dot com>
# Contributor: feuri
# Contributor: Fabian Bornschein

pkgname=dunst
pkgver=1.3.2
pkgrel=2.1

pkgdesc="Customizable and lightweight notification-daemon"
url="https://dunst-project.org/"
arch=('x86_64')
license=('BSD')

depends=('libxinerama' 'libxss' 'pango' 'gdk-pixbuf2' 'libxdg-basedir' 'libxrandr')
makedepends=('libnotify')
optdepends=('libnotify: dunstify')

provides=('notification-daemon')
conflicts=('dunstify')
replaces=('dunstify')

source=("dunst-$pkgver.tar.gz::https://github.com/dunst-project/dunst/archive/v$pkgver.tar.gz")
md5sums=('68ad9fd1dab537d7a1ad93c899c50278')

build() {
  cd dunst-$pkgver

make PREFIX=/usr X11INC=/usr/include/X11 X11LIB=/usr/lib/X11 all dunstify
}

package() {
  cd dunst-$pkgver

make DESTDIR="$pkgdir" PREFIX=/usr install
  install -Dm755 dunstify "$pkgdir"/usr/bin/dunstify
  install -Dm644 LICENSE "$pkgdir"/usr/share/licenses/$pkgname/LICENSE
}

# vim:set ts=2 sw=2 et:

[Stable Update] 2019-01-05 - Pacman, Pamac, Deepin, Haskell, Python

It would be a good idea I think: it would make the upgrade smoother for many users, and the same issue has been reported many times so far in Testing and Unstable, so it seems to be something used by a significant part of users. A bit too late to test out the fix though, as a lot of people already dealt with the file conflict by themselves.

An alternative would be to push a new version of manjaro-system package that deals with the file conflict by deleting /usr/bin/dunstify. It would be a more “dirty” fix (despite being what some users did manually anyway), but it has been done in the past. It wouldn’t delete the old and now useless dunstify package though.

Both could be combined in theory, but that seems just overkill. lol

OT: Just wondering, what is it used for? Is it something people installs themselves or something included by default in some editions?

Usually I keep packaging-fixes like this in my very own local repo, because I really really dislike the dirty fix via manjaro-system.

It’s a notification deamon for the update-notifier. That comes preinstalled.

It’s more appropriate for case where you really need to delete a file to solve a file conflict (something like this). In this situation, I prefer the package replacement too, of course.

I guess I was lucky to not use the update-notifier.

I didn’t find anything. I just downgraded to v4.1.4 and now is working good.
Some times in the v4.1.5 the search tab shows me that there is no plugins installed, so I think is something related to python as python is optional for the search bar.

Ok obviously this should have ignored case per journalctl |grep -i keyboard but still nothing unusual found. Seen on both 4.20 and 4.19 kernels and both produce numlock disabled on boot despite the xfce keyboard setting (“restore num lock state on startup”) being checked. Does anyone else have similar behavior on v18 xfce?

update: it works again. All good.

I think, there is something wrong with the gnome-online account.

When looking at the IMAP and SMTP settings it says “Credentials have expired”
and i should sign in to (re)-enable the account. But that does not work.
Even reinstalling the account does not work although the login with the browser works.
Also tried a 2nd mail account with the same result.

When using gnome-online account in evolution there is a prompt that says
“Source xxx does’nt support prompt for credentials”.

What is the best explanation for overlay vs sync packages?

Essentially,
Sync packages: Are taken directly from Arch Linux and are 100% identical to what is available on Arch Linux official repos.
Overlay packages: Are added by Manjaro devs, are most of the time built by Manjaro devs and may be not available on Arch Linux repos at all OR may be not 100% identical to what’s available on Arch.

So if one is in both, it defaults to overlay within pacman unless manually forced to select other? 1.2.612 >< 1.2.71

For wpa_supplicant, it normally comes from Arch.

On Unstable, someone reported earlier that wpa_supplicant 1:2.7-1 broke Wi-Fi access on his machine and downgrading to previous version works fine. So devs decided to revert wpa_supplicant to 1:2.6-12, which is known to work correctly.

This odd situation is probably why wpa_supplicant is said to be both an overlay and a sync: it’s first taken from Arch (sync) as it would normally be, but they have to revert it back manually (overlay) right after the sync because the one that is currently on Arch is considered too broken. But it isn’t built by any Manjaro devs, it’s just the old packages from Arch that replaces the one that would be taken by the sync.

Maybe the definition I gave for overlay isn’t 100% accurate. It would be more something like: “Added by Manjaro devs.”

But most of the time, overlay packages are built by Manjaro devs themselves. This case is really an exception, and most likely a temporary measure.

Are you the frog?

https://github.com/Tk-Glitch/PKGBUILDS

I think I solved my issue with qBittorrent in Xfce4-gtk2: I removed packages “dunst” and “dunstify”

Weird. :confused:

But it would explain why I didn’t have any trouble with qBittorrent: I never had dunst/dunstify installed on my machine, so it couldn’t cause any problem.

I didn’t expect it to cause more trouble than the small file conflict we got in the beginning.

No, it just a mere coincidence.

Nothing real important - just cosmetics:

I discovered that the Gnome System Monitor hast 2 entries in pamac

closed #36

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.