[Testing Update] 2018-09-23 - Kernels, Gnome 3.30, Cinnamon, Deepin, LibreOffice

update
testing

…i3 sandy bridge, i5 ivy bridge, xfce, smooth update.
HP printing and scanning fine.
NetworkManger info is showing speed again.
Still using dbus-x11.
cheers

what is it for?
(noob question)

Beta 4 is in my queque… if all is ok soon is online ( with permission of my ISP :laughing: )

Thanks! Then, I’ll wait :wink:

A problem, lib32-libidn-133-compat (AUR) can not be updated.
Error message:

ÜberprΓΌfe Signaturen der Quell-Dateien mit gpg…
libidn-1.33.tar.gz … FEHLGESCHLAGEN (Unbekannter ΓΆffentlicher SchlΓΌssel 860B7FBB32F8119D)
==> FEHLER: Eine oder mehrere PGP-Signaturen konnten nicht ΓΌberprΓΌft werden!

This solution

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/libidn-133-compat/

brought no result. Use Softmaker 2018, Textmaker does not start.

This has absolutely nothing to do with a Manjaro package update set… :wink:

This has absolutely nothing to do with a Manjaro package update set… :wink:

That’s why I hesitated a long time with my question and only searched myself.

jonathon, thanks for the tip.

gpg --recv-key 860B7FBB32F8119D

has helped. :wink:

My wireless interface change it’s name on some reboot from wlp62s0 to wlan0, weird :no_mouth:.

[   63.014659] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): wlan0: link is not ready
[   63.018067] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): enp61s0: link is not ready

*EDIT: This line is missing when it happen:

[   11.595102] iwlwifi 0000:3e:00.0 wlp62s0: renamed from wlan0

So I guess it’s a coincidence since linux-firmware hasn’t been updated :upside_down_face:.

Updates without problems, LXQT with Kernel 4.19.:+1:

@philm Iso’s Gnome beta 4 is online feel free to correct all link :slight_smile:

Cool Screen, is that standard KDE? I want a lock screen like that for xfce.

It is the standard SDDM lock screen. SDDM is the recommended DM for KDE Plasma, and the one Manjaro configures by default on the KDE ISO. I think out of the box, there is a blur effect rather than the pure black, which does look sharp. And of course, Leo has a custom avatar.

Oh, maybe it’s the photograph add that makes it look unique to me. I always am accustomed to seeing avatars.

Forum search, already a thread on it.

Nice update. I had to reinstall AUR app that uses boost-libs, but that was quite expected.
Also it’s not so good to see no Hibernation option in KDE anymore. I have hardly used it though.

hibernate is still there, just not on SDDM screen as described above

Yes, it’s using Breeze Dark Theme.

Hi @Ste74,

So I installed the beta 4 iso, as a dual boot with the Windows. Everything went fine, although during the live session I was not able to connect to the wifi from the shell (top panel), however, it was possible to form the gnome-control-center.

On the installed version the problem still was there. Seems to be a bug.

Additionally, I noticed the increase in RAM usage (it is around 900MB Β± a bit, without any additional software). For comparison, my Gnome stable install that I nuked last Friday was booting at around 600-700 MB, with Dropbox in autostart and with more extensions.

As @Chrysostomus reported, there are 2 Gnome-shell processes as of the output of the ps_mem (together around 200Mb).

Otherwise, it was a nice release. As a personal preference, I would suggest using the Adapta-Nokto theme for the shell and Adapta (the light ones) for the application. This way, the pop-ups from the shell would have the same color as the panel. For me it looks more consistent when the context menus on the desktop and drop-downs of the panel have a dark color, but as I said, just a personal preference. :slight_smile:

Basically ok, but for one ongoing fault, & one new [though rather trivial] fault.

$ uname -a
Linux Manjaro_KDE_VM 4.14.71-1-MANJARO #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Sep 20 05:29:20 UTC 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux
  1. VB’s Shared Folders still broken in kernel 4.18.x [broken >4.18.2]. Still good once VM booted back into 4.14.x.
  2. Screenfetch can’t detect the WM:
Summary

β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ  β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ     kdemeoz@Manjaro_KDE_VM
 β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ  β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ     OS: Manjaro 17.1.12 Hakoila
 β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ  β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ     Kernel: x86_64 Linux 4.18.9-1-MANJARO
 β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ  β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ     Uptime: 1m
 β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ            β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ     Packages: 1685
 β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ  β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ  β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ     Shell: bash 4.4.23
 β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ  β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ  β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ     Resolution: 1920x1028
 β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ  β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ  β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ     DE: KDE 5.50.0 / Plasma 5.13.5
 β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ  β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ  β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ     WM: Not Found
 β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ  β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ  β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ     GTK Theme: QtCurve [GTK2], Breath-Dark [GTK3]
 β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ  β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ  β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ     Icon Theme: hicolor
 β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ  β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ  β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ     Font: Lato Regular
 β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ  β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ  β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ     CPU: Intel Core i7-4790 @ 2x 3.6GHz
 β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ  β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ  β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ     GPU: llvmpipe (LLVM 6.0, 256 bits)
                                  RAM: 426MiB / 12011MiB