welcome to another testing update of Manjaro. With this update we focus on GNOME 3.28, which is the result of 6 months’ hard work by the GNOME community. It contains major new features, as well as many smaller improvements and bug fixes.
One major new feature for this release is automatic downloading of operating systems in Boxes, which takes the work out of creating and running virtual machines – just pick the operating system that you want to create a virtual machine of, and Boxes will now download and install it for you.
Other highlights include improvements to the Calendar and Contacts applications, the ability to star files and folders in the Files application, and improved support for Thunderbolt 3 and Bluetooth LE devices. GNOME’s default UI font has also been overhauled to be more attractive and easy to read, and the on-screen keyboard has been rewritten to be more reliable and has layouts for a number of different locales.
There are many other improvements in GNOME 3.28, which can be read about in the release notes.
Additionally we updated Pamac, Mesa, Kernels, Browsers, LibreOffice, GStreamer and PHP to mention a few …
Our effort and all the needed information about the new security risk can be found here.
So please report back and give us feedback for given changes made to our repositories. Users of our 32-bit Distro should read this.
Current supported Kernels
- linux316 3.16.56
- linux318 3.18.102 [EOL]
- linux41 4.1.51
- linux44 4.4.126
- linux49 4.9.92
- linux414 4.14.32
- linux415 4.15.15
- linux416 4.16.0
- linux-rt 4.14.29_rt25
Package Updates (Mon Apr 2 11:59:08 CEST 2018)
- testing community x86_64: 831 new and 823 removed package(s)
- testing core x86_64: 25 new and 26 removed package(s)
- testing extra x86_64: 601 new and 592 removed package(s)
- testing multilib x86_64: 35 new and 28 removed package(s)
A detailed list of all package changes can be found here.
- No issue, everything went smoothly
- Yes there was an issue. I was able to resolve it myself.(Please post your solution)
- Yes i am currently experiencing an issue due to the update. (Please post about it)
Check if your mirror has already synced: