Seeding Manjaro ISO releases

I have started to keep my qBitTorrent up and running 24/7, and I am seeding every Manjaro ISO since basically 20.0 (currently 21 ISO:s). Is there a way to find out when new ISO:s are released, other than going to the Manjaro home page every day and check manually? Mailing list? Twitter feed?

I would put this script in my startup applications:

#!/bin/bash

cd /var/tmp || exit

if [ -f "Manjaro_iso.txt" ]; then
   mv Manjaro_iso.txt Manjaro_iso.old
fi

curl https://manjaro.org/get-manjaro/ > Manjaro_iso.txt

diff Manjaro_iso.txt Manjaro_iso.old
status=$?
if [ $status -gt 0 ]; then
 notify-send --urgency=LOW --icon=face-plain "Manjaro ISOs" "Manjaro ISO page was changed!" 
fi

It’ll compare the Manjaro download page to the previous time you logged on and notify you of any change (even when there are no new ISOs to download but the webmeister just removed the proverbial comma)

(haven’t tested this over multiple days yet, you’re the debugger!)

:innocent: :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Sweet, I will try that later today and let you know how it goes…

[Edit] Since I don’t restart my machine more than when I need to, I put it in crontab instead…

With my VERY limited bash skills, I made some small changes that shows you the diff in the notification. This way you can see from the notification if the change is relevant or not. Hopefully it will not format the root drive tomorrow :slight_smile:

#!/bin/bash

cd /var/tmp || exit

if [ -f "Manjaro_iso.txt" ]; then
   mv Manjaro_iso.txt Manjaro_iso.old
fi

curl https://manjaro.org/get-manjaro/ > Manjaro_iso.txt

diff Manjaro_iso.txt Manjaro_iso.old > manjaro_ISO.diff
status=$?
manjaro_diff=$( cat manjaro_ISO.diff )
if [ $status -gt 0 ]; then
 notify-send --icon=face-plain "Manjaro ISOs" "Manjaro ISO page was changed!\n\n${manjaro_diff}" 
fi
1 Like

Approved

:joy:

2 Likes

There’s also just the OSDN RSS feeds.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.