[Testing Update] 2017-03-17 - Deepin, KDE Framework, Haskell, Python, Kernels

update
testing

Hi community,

with this update we have updated most of our Kernels, added the latest KDE framework, pushed out some more Deepin packages and renewed Python and Haskell.

The upgrade to ca-certificates-utils 20170307-1 requires manual intervention because a symlink which used to be generated post-install has been moved into the package proper. As deleting the symlink may leave you unable to download packages, perform this upgrade in three steps:

# pacman -Syuw                           # download packages
# rm /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt  # remove conflicting file
# pacman -Su                             # perform upgrade

Please test and give us feedback as usual

Current supported Kernels

• linux310 3.10.105
  • linux312 3.12.70
  • linux316 3.16.41
  • linux318 3.18.48 [EOL]
  • linux41 4.1.39
  • linux44 4.4.54
  • linux48 4.8.17 [EOL]
  • linux49 4.9.15
  • linux410 4.10.3
  • linux-RT-LTS 4.4.50_rt62
  • linux-RT 4.9.13_rt11

Package Updates (Fri Mar 17 08:15:08 CET 2017)

Upstream package changes

• testing core x86_64: 11 new and 11 removed package(s)
  • testing core i686: 11 new and 11 removed package(s)
  • testing community i686: 342 new and 332 removed package(s)
  • testing multilib x86_64: 20 new and 19 removed package(s)
  • testing extra x86_64: 194 new and 195 removed package(s)
  • testing extra i686: 194 new and 195 removed package(s)
  • testing community x86_64: 345 new and 334 removed package(s)

Overlay package changes

• testing community i686: 22 new and 19 removed package(s)
  • testing core x86_64: 10 new and 10 removed package(s)
  • testing core i686: 10 new and 10 removed package(s)
  • testing multilib x86_64: 4 new and 0 removed package(s)
  • testing extra i686: 80 new and 71 removed package(s)
  • testing extra x86_64: 80 new and 71 removed package(s)
  • testing community x86_64: 22 new and 19 removed package(s)

Detailed package changes can be viewed here.

• No issues, everything went smoothly
  • Yes there was an issue. I was able to resolve it myself. (Please post your solution)
  • Yes I am currently experiencing an issue due to the update. (Please post about it)

0 voters

Check if your mirror has already synced:

Can't access AUR after update
Installation with Manjaro-Architect ISO
[Stable Update] 2017-03-20 - Deepin, KDE Framework, Haskell, Python, Kernels
[Testing Update] 2017-03-12 - Pamac, OpenRC, Firefox, Thunderbird, KDE-Apps, Virtualbox

so far so good.

Worked well, following instructions.
It would be truly outstanding if those announcements were shown in pamac. Not for me, I check the forum fairly often, but for those who do not.

In any case thanks for the great work!
Cheers,

I did it with

sudo pacman -Sy ca-certificates-utils --force
sudo pacman -Syu

But it’s sad that we can’t do anything to automate this. :disappointed_relieved:

i agree.
this should be automated when these updates hit the stable branch.

But how. The file will conflict, no matter what and we can not remove the file from the package. We also can not use the pre-upgrade script, because the conflict happens before the pre-upgrade ist running.

The only thing i can think of is to overlay the ca-certificates, create a new dependency with a name like ca-certificates-hotfix-20170307. Now that ca-certificates-hotfix-20170307 runs a script that asks if /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt belongs to someone and if not just removes it.

Because this new package is set as dependency it wouls be installed prior the ca-certificates and there would be no conflict anymore. :thinking: It feels a bit overkill but right now i dont see any other option…

it’s not the purpose of manjaro-system?..
hmm it would not solve the problem of “missing” ca-certificate to download all the other packages after manjaro-system run.

Will that work? I mean manjaro-system will be upgraded before everything else in its own pacman run because of /etc/pacman.conf

Now when the manjaro-system update removes /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt, is pacman still full functional or broken because of the now broken ca-certificates package? (I really dont know)

just edited my post about that yes. :frowning: it will work if the user has at least one plain http mirror in his list. but it can’t be certified

What would you think about something like this:

ca-certificates-hotfix-20170307

post_upgrade() {
    CONFLFILE="/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt"

pacman -Qo "${CONFLFILE}" &> /dev/null
    if [ ! $? -eq 0 ] && [ -f "${CONFLFILE}" ]
        then
            rm "${CONFLFILE}"
    fi
}
pkgname=ca-certificates-hotfix-20170307
pkgver=1
pkgrel=1
arch=('i686' 'x86_64')
pkgdesc="Hotfixes an update issue for ca-certificates 20170307"
license=('GPL2')
depends=('bash')
install=$pkgname.install
  1. This will added as pkg dependency to ca-certificates for this release of ca-certificates
  2. ca-certificates-hotfix-20170307 will be replaced by the next release of ca-certificates itself, so we’re clean again and ship not additional package anymore
  3. We can use the Archlinux package directly in 3 releases again

No problems so far following the recommended steps on my XFCE/i3 system.

I don’t understand this but if this fixes file conflicts this needs to be the default for all packs with conflicts. It is hard for me to understand why I have to run some commands by myself when I want to update the system.

This is testing and I didn’t add a routine to manjaro-system yet. We will make it smooth for stable branch.

I agree (for both pamac & octopi) that would be a huge streamlining improvement, so it would be possible to only open one application/process (in place of two) to see all important information in one place and complete the update.

When required, could the option to run a command like this be made to appear as part of the pacman command line process, similar to the AUR PKGBUILD y/n questions?

Could not find [Testing Update] 2017-03-17 until after doing a search. deleted ca-certificates to get update via pacman to work, first time this has come up.
The rest is okay.

Really glad I found this after getting back :slight_smile:
All’s well. Thanks for the heads-up !

Testing Mate once again.
Follow the update instructions.
No problems at all.

Quad core AMD A8-3520M APU with Radeon HD Graphics
Kernel: 4.10.3-1-MANJARO x86_64
Display Server: X.Org 1.19.2 driver: radeon
Desktop: MATE 1.16.1 (Gtk 3.22.10)

Did not check forum; issued pacaur -Syu; downloaded update; updater told me that ca-certificates.crt existed; pacaur asked me if I should nuke file; nuked file; finished update; everything seems ok.

Hello together,

I did the update in 3 steps as in the first post.
Now I cant install any updates or packages from aur?
If i try to search for aur packages ocotopi crashes! After restart of ocotopi I can search for aur pacakges.
But when I want to install a package I get the error:

Fehler: Konnte Datei /var/lib/pacman/sync/extra.db nicht öffnen: Unrecognized archive format
Fehler: Konnte Datei /var/lib/pacman/sync/community.db nicht öffnen: Unrecognized archive format
Fehler: Konnte Datei /var/lib/pacman/sync/multilib.db nicht öffnen: Unrecognized archive format
Fehler: Ziel nicht gefunden: yasm

What ca I do?

Best regards,
Stefan

Everything worked just fine. :slight_smile: