[Testing Update] 2016-12-24 - KDE Apps 16.12, KDE Framework 5.29, Libreoffice, QT5, Python

update
testing

Felices fiestas de Navidad to everyone :smile:

Since we are now starting all the Christmas festivities, we from the Manjaro Community, prepared some stuff our community can enjoy the next few days.

• We prepared some Alpha install medias (XFCE, KDE, Cinnamon, i3) of our in Spring next year upcoming Gellivara release.
  • Hugo Posnic is working on manjaro-hello, our next default welcome screen for Manjaro Linux. It introduces translation support and ports the whole application to python3
  • Marcus and Bernhard are developing and testing our next version of our manjaro-tools. Some of the Alpha builds are using this new tool series already. Their effort can be viewed in our git repositories.
  • The Calamares-Team worked hard, to get new features and more bugfixes into Calamares, our new graphical installation framework, used now by a wide rage of Linux Distributions.
  • With this we also updated our testing branch and added KDE Apps 16.12, KDE Framework 5.29, Libreoffice 5.2.4, QT5 5.7.1, VirtualBox 5.1.12 and Python updates. Detailed information about this update-pack can be viewed here.

So enjoy the next coming days with all the best wishes from us to you and your families.

Philip Müller and the Manjaro Development Team

Current supported kernels

• linux310 3.10.104
  • linux312 3.12.69
  • linux316 3.16.39
  • linux318 3.18.45
  • linux41 4.1.36
  • linux44 4.4.39
  • linux48 4.8.15
  • linux49 4.9.0
  • linux-RT-LTS 4.4.38_rt49
  • linux-RT 4.8.14_rt9

Package changes (Sat Dec 24 08:46:56 CET 2016)

• testing community i686: 487 new and 469 removed package(s)
  • testing community x86_64: 491 new and 473 removed package(s)
  • testing core i686: 13 new and 13 removed package(s)
  • testing core x86_64: 13 new and 13 removed package(s)
  • testing extra i686: 674 new and 681 removed package(s)
  • testing extra x86_64: 675 new and 682 removed package(s)
  • testing multilib x86_64: 7 new and 6 removed package(s)

Did you experience any issue with this update?

• No issues, everything went smoothly
  • Yes there was an issue. I was able to resolve it myself. (Please post your solution)
  • Yes I am currently experiencing an issue due to the update. (Please post about it)

0 voters

Start work on a new welcome screen: manjaro-hello

Everything smooth here :slight_smile:

Waiting for Libreoffice 5.3 ._.

merry christmas
waiting for stable update

kde-servicemenus-pkg-tools has a dependency with kdebase-kdialog, so i have to remove it so a can replace kdebase-kdialog with kdialog

it seems one got missed during unstable update. :wink:
I guess @artoo will take care to change the dependencies to the new kdialog package and rebuild it.

Looking conflicts between packages …
Warning: dependency loop detected:
Warning: kinit will be installed before its kio dependency

No problems here outside of some minor user settings changing. Easily fixed. SDDM background change in the System Settings actually works now.

No problem (though I am on Unstable, in a VM) upgrading through Octopi, seeing not even a warning in the Konsole.

However, the Manjaro Settings Manager (still the old four-polygon logo) pops up, and tells me that new kernels are available, but when I go there 4.4 is still the recommended one.

Thanks all for the hard work. Great community.
Kernel 4.9 wouldn’t start for me but I was just curious I’m happy on 4.8.

For some odd reason had to reboot twice? Merry whatever, I hate politically correct. Everything working Okay.

Noticed an improvement in login time, and application start times. Additionally log out, and shutdown appears to have improved in speed. This is particularly noticeable on my Thinkpad Yoga 11e running an Intel n2940. It actually feels really snappy and that has nothing to do with animation speed :wink:

All good. No problems.

Merry Christmass at all !!!

Quad core AMD A8-3520M APU with Radeon HD Graphics
Kernel: 4.9.0-1-MANJARO x86_64
Display Server: X.Org 1.18.4 driver: radeon
Desktop: Cinnamon 3.2.1 (Gtk 3.22.5)

These settings can be controlled by you;

Nothing to worry about, that’s fine!

This update changed the Maia theme (including the appearance of the default icons), first time than an update change the appearance of what I have installed.

Yes, we are working hard on updating our Maia theme. We might think about doing another one based on the old style. However this is not yet decided …

What I miss more about the classic maia is the dark title bar and some icons, but it would be nice to have the option to get the old maia back on another theme.

Where can i find this?
Neither in the kernel options nor in the settings…?

BTW:
Kernel 3.16 is not marked as “LTS” - has this a reason?

It seems Manjaro official theme changes according what default theme is (We used to Menda color then changed to Maia). IMHO you should decide to what Manjaro color is an then make customize themes this color set.