Felices fiestas de Navidad to everyone
Since we are now starting all the Christmas festivities, we from the Manjaro Community, prepared some stuff our community can enjoy the next few days.
- We prepared some Alpha install medias (XFCE, KDE, Cinnamon, i3) of our in Spring next year upcoming Gellivara release.
Hugo Posnic is working on manjaro-hello, our next default welcome screen for Manjaro Linux. It introduces translation support and ports the whole application to python3
Marcus and Bernhard are developing and testing our next version of our manjaro-tools. Some of the Alpha builds are using this new tool series already. Their effort can be viewed in our git repositories.
- The Calamares-Team worked hard, to get new features and more bugfixes into Calamares, our new graphical installation framework, used now by a wide rage of Linux Distributions.
- With this we also updated our testing branch and added KDE Apps 16.12, KDE Framework 5.29, Libreoffice 5.2.4, QT5 5.7.1, VirtualBox 5.1.12 and Python updates. Detailed information about this update-pack can be viewed here.
So enjoy the next coming days with all the best wishes from us to you and your families.
Philip Müller and the Manjaro Development Team
Current supported kernels
- linux310 3.10.104
- linux312 3.12.69
- linux316 3.16.39
- linux318 3.18.45
- linux41 4.1.36
- linux44 4.4.39
- linux48 4.8.15
- linux49 4.9.0
- linux-RT-LTS 4.4.38_rt49
- linux-RT 4.8.14_rt9
Package changes (Sat Dec 24 08:46:56 CET 2016)
- testing community i686: 487 new and 469 removed package(s)
- testing community x86_64: 491 new and 473 removed package(s)
- testing core i686: 13 new and 13 removed package(s)
- testing core x86_64: 13 new and 13 removed package(s)
- testing extra i686: 674 new and 681 removed package(s)
- testing extra x86_64: 675 new and 682 removed package(s)
- testing multilib x86_64: 7 new and 6 removed package(s)
Did you experience any issue with this update?
- No issues, everything went smoothly
- Yes there was an issue. I was able to resolve it myself. (Please post your solution)
- Yes I am currently experiencing an issue due to the update. (Please post about it)