Testers needed: Manjaro KDE massive cleanup/rename

Breath icon theme removed because it was not updated for ages and has some broken and bad-looking icons.

Breeze now supports colour schemes and folder icons are being colored in your theme accent colours.

Yakuake should be in unstable repo already I suppose? I’m not really into packaging, will ask about it.

1 Like

Yes, it is there. Sorry, my bad.

Yes, they are. But the icon of Dolphin itself (along with Kate and a few others) are blue that match with the Breeze theme, but not with Manjaro’s Breath theme and thus are a mismatch in the otherwise default green theming. That’s what I wanted to say.

Older Breath

Current Breeze

I am currently on the unstable branch just because I like to be bleeding edge. What is it you need me to do?

Thanks,

Jim

I kinda liked Breath icon of Dolphin too, but maintaining a separate icon theme just because of 1 icon is a waste of devs time I believe. You have to settle down with the regular Breeze icon of Dolphin.

2 Likes

I am very aware that both are using konsole-part, but that doesn’t mean it’s not two terminal emulators. For users, two icons to start things = two different programs. On a technical level that still hold true as well, because they have a different user interface.

Neither xterm nor uxterm are part of xorg packages, and neither is installed by default AFAICT. If they were included by default then removing both would be a good thing, too.

I think it would be great if ocs-url is preinstalled on kde edition .

2 Likes

Its not really an issue to create a PKGBUILD that seds over a few colors from upstream.
(and overwrite/add an icon or two)
I made, and we use, some other examples of this. Its a pretty decent ‘future-proof’ way to do things.

1 Like

Is yakuake currently in an unavailable state due to some malfunctions in the yakuake theme?

no, why do you think that?

In fact, when I update the system to the latest version in the unstable channel, my yakuake does not seem to work properly.

Nope.
Just made sure to resync my system, installed yakuake … works fine.
Open a new thread if you need to.

I forgot to add a migration routine. Just smash your yakuake config in ~/.config/yakuakerc for now.

Just applied the latest update and got the following error:

Failed to commit transaction

conflicting files:
- /usr/share/sddm/themes/breath/Background.qml exists in both plasma5-themes-breath and sddm-breath-theme
- /usr/share/sddm/themes/breath/BreezeMenuStyle.qml exists in both plasma5-themes-breath and sddm-breath-theme
- /usr/share/sddm/themes/breath/Clock.qml exists in both plasma5-themes-breath and sddm-breath-theme
- /usr/share/sddm/themes/breath/KeyboardButton.qml exists in both plasma5-themes-breath and sddm-breath-theme
- /usr/share/sddm/themes/breath/Login.qml exists in both plasma5-themes-breath and sddm-breath-theme
- /usr/share/sddm/themes/breath/Main.qml exists in both plasma5-themes-breath and sddm-breath-theme
- /usr/share/sddm/themes/breath/SessionButton.qml exists in both plasma5-themes-breath and sddm-breath-theme
- /usr/share/sddm/themes/breath/components/ActionButton.qml exists in both plasma5-themes-breath and sddm-breath-theme
- /usr/share/sddm/themes/breath/components/Battery.qml exists in both plasma5-themes-breath and sddm-breath-theme
- /usr/share/sddm/themes/breath/components/Clock.qml exists in both plasma5-themes-breath and sddm-breath-theme
- /usr/share/sddm/themes/breath/components/SessionManagementScreen.qml exists in both plasma5-themes-breath and sddm-breath-theme
- /usr/share/sddm/themes/breath/components/UserDelegate.qml exists in both plasma5-themes-breath and sddm-breath-theme
- /usr/share/sddm/themes/breath/components/UserList.qml exists in both plasma5-themes-breath and sddm-breath-theme
- /usr/share/sddm/themes/breath/components/VirtualKeyboard.qml exists in both plasma5-themes-breath and sddm-breath-theme
- /usr/share/sddm/themes/breath/components/VirtualKeyboard_wayland.qml exists in both plasma5-themes-breath and sddm-breath-theme
- /usr/share/sddm/themes/breath/components/WallpaperFader.qml exists in both plasma5-themes-breath and sddm-breath-theme
- /usr/share/sddm/themes/breath/components/artwork/logout_primary.svgz exists in both plasma5-themes-breath and sddm-breath-theme
- /usr/share/sddm/themes/breath/components/artwork/restart_primary.svgz exists in both plasma5-themes-breath and sddm-breath-theme
- /usr/share/sddm/themes/breath/components/artwork/shutdown_primary.svgz exists in both plasma5-themes-breath and sddm-breath-theme
- /usr/share/sddm/themes/breath/faces/.face.icon exists in both plasma5-themes-breath and sddm-breath-theme
- /usr/share/sddm/themes/breath/metadata.desktop exists in both plasma5-themes-breath and sddm-breath-theme
- /usr/share/sddm/themes/breath/preview.png exists in both plasma5-themes-breath and sddm-breath-theme
- /usr/share/sddm/themes/breath/theme.conf exists in both plasma5-themes-breath and sddm-breath-theme

UPD: The above issue has been fixed with a new update.

Agreed, but also sorry to see this “consistency” go.
Too bad an icon theme cannot override just a few icons and fallback to breeze for all the “missing” ones.

1 Like

I am using the WhiteSur icon theme from store.kde.org. It is of course a reproduction of the icons used in macOS Catalina and therefore not a typical GNU/Linux-native icon set, but it’s fairly complete. I haven’t come across any missing icons yet, unlike ─ it must be said ─ when I was using the KDE-native Oxygen icon theme.

But it isnt that exactly … its legacy. Oxygen is from the kde3 days.
(some people still prefer it for whatever reason and it still always surprises me … its ugly IMHO)

Theres always Trinity DE for folks that want to hang on that bad :sweat_smile:

Hmm, I thought it first appeared in KDE4, but you could be right. Still, it’s still officially supported as a built-in theme in Plasma 5.

But either way, that’s beside the point, really, as we’re talking of the Oxygen icon theme, not of the widget theme or the window decorations.

1 Like

Even if I delete the yakuake configuration file, I still cannot use yakuake.

The way I remember it:
KDE3 - Crystal Icons
KDE4 - Oxygen Theme and Oxygen Icons

1 Like

What’s wrong exactly?