Test of Manjaro-ARM-minimal-rpi2-18.06-rc2.img on RPi 3B

bug

General

Boot log messages continue being displayed after console prompt is shown. The messages are related to network interfaces and power management.

Every few minutes a message is displayed: “brcmfmac: power management disabled”

Having a working serial log to GPIO would help copy/paste messages for error reporting. However enable_uart=1 in config.txt still causes kernel panic.

pacman-mirrors and pacman

pacman-mirrors eems to be an older version compare to Manjaro x86_64: pacman-mirrors -f0 is not recognized.

• pacman-mirrors -g fails with “Failed to reach server” on mirror.strits.dk.
  • pacman-mirrors -g fails with [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAIL] on www.uex.dk.
  • It works on ftp-osl.osuosl.org

pacman -Syu downloads 5 packages then shows for each file:

"error: signature from "Arch Linux ARM build system is unknown trust"
File is corrupted (invalid pgp signature) do you want to delete it?

If I do not delete them the process fails with “failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature))”

menu-wifi fails to start

It complains that “dialog” is not installed. I can’t install it because pacman -S dialog fails as described above.

See the other topic here: “Call For Testers”.
What you probably should try is:

sudo pacman -S manjaro-system
pacman-key --init
sudo pacman-key --populate manjaro-arm 
sudo pacman-key --populate archlinuxarm 

Mesages regarding network is not something we can du much about, I think. If you have ideas, I’m willing to try them.

Yes. That is correct. We still use the old pacman-mirrorlist, not pacman-mirrors.

mirror.strits.dk is not that stable these days, and I need to find out why the SSL ones are not working.

did you saw my last pm about it?
I have no simple way to test…

I did see it, I also have no way to test right now, since my device is not available to me, until Tuesday.

@jeancf
here is a new package of pacman.mirrors with a modification for the SSL error with https mirrors.
could you test it?

pacman-mirrorlist-20180519-1-any.pkg.tar.xz

it’s build again my branches I did a PR on github but I can’t test it

If it works, I’ll accept the PR. :slight_smile:

@scachemaille I just tried it. I got “certificate verify failed” for uex.dk and scachemaille.ch.

strits.dk seems to work and is selected as first server in mirrorlist.

@Bertie This works. I did not realize it was still needed with rc2.

I was able to pacman -Su, including bootloader and kernel updates but with a lot of warnings about not being able to get details of files under /boot/overlay/ or something similar.

After reboot my usb wireless keyboard (Logitech K520) no longer works.

I see notifications when I unplug and plug the receiver. it is recognized as a USB receiver / Manufacturer Logitech but device does not respond to keystrokes.