Teamviewer has no Internet connection

I installed Manjaro Budgie and Teamviewer 14 on it from the AUR repo. It was installed without errors.
After the start it does not get Internet connection (no own ID). The treminal says this:

Jun 13 21:04:18 hp-laptop budgie-panel.desktop[1090]: Launching TeamViewer GUI ...
Jun 13 21:04:18 hp-laptop TeamViewer[4305]: QSGContext::initialize: depth buffer support missing, expect rendering errors
Jun 13 21:04:18 hp-laptop TeamViewer[4305]: QSGContext::initialize: stencil buffer support missing, expect rendering errors
Jun 13 21:04:20 hp-laptop tracker-miner-f[1174]: Could not process 'file:///home/mx/%23156813': Fehler beim Holen der Informationen für Datei »/home/mx/#156813«: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
Jun 13 21:04:24 hp-laptop TeamViewer[4305]: QSGContext::initialize: depth buffer support missing, expect rendering errors
Jun 13 21:04:24 hp-laptop TeamViewer[4305]: QSGContext::initialize: stencil buffer support missing, expect rendering errors
Jun 13 21:04:28 hp-laptop TeamViewer[4305]: QSystemTrayIcon::setVisible: No Icon set

What is going wrong?

Did you start and enable the teamviewerd service?

sudo systemctl start teamviewerd
sudo systemctl enable teamviewerd
8 Likes

Thank you, now it seems to work. Why should it be manually enabled as a service? I used it on many system and only on M-Budgie I have to do manual configuration work (?).

In general, on Arch, application services are not enabled/started by default.

This provides added security. Just because you have something installed doesn't mean you want it automatically running all of the time.

3 Likes

Don't fiddle with teamviewer...
Anydesk and even better DWService (open source) do the job and are less doubtfull.

Why? I do not enable a service manually before I start Thunderbird, nor when I start gparted.

TeamViewer has a background service. Thunderbird does not.

I got it, but it seems to be to me a quirky behavior. You install a program, but cannot use it. You are made to guess what iservices or anything eles is missing. The service should be installed automatically, but lets forget it. I will never understand this way of thinking.

1 Like

You're expected to know how to use the software you install. :man_shrugging:

Yes, and this the wrong approach. This prevent Linux to became more attractive for normal users. The unnecessary complexity. But this is a different discussion.

Every distro is different, and each meets the needs of different users. Manjaro is not an install-and-forget distro. If you want that sort of distro then there are Ubuntu or Mint or MX etc.

Ubuntu / Mint stuff is too slow. MX better but blinking and chaotic. M-KDE is really good .

I am having this same problem but I tried this and it didn't work

If it was the same problem the the same solution would work.

Is the output the same?

Have you rebooted?

Are you up to date?

Have you tried rebuilding/reinstalling the package?

when i ran the commands no errors occurred.
yes i have rebooted.
i just installed it this morning.
yes i tried reinstalling it.
but Teamvewer still is not working

some how i fixed it. not sure how.

because Teamviewer has very poor security record

other linux distributions may not be so concerned about user security as to allow this to be enabled during install

I do not use teamviewer much and do not have systemd service enabled
only started if needed for someone who can't cope with more secure option

I had a similar problem, if I'm remembering correctly I resolved it by login in to teamviewer from the browser and adding the machine as a trusted device.

Customers shouldn't read all manuals to know how to start this service. It may be an option only for geeks. It is bad for this project because of the fact that it produces bad user experience.

Teamviewer is not a Manjaro product, so it can't reflect bad on Manjaro. :slight_smile:

Forum kindly sponsored by