Problem with Winetricks (continuation)

Unfortunately, I can’t post a contribution to this solved and closed thread: Problem with Winetricks launching after Manjaro update.
I installed Wine 7.51 problem-free via pamac on 3 newly installed manjaro computers with XFCE, Cinnamon and KDE today. After that, Wine installed and started all needed Windows Applikations. Then I installed Winetricks 20220328-1 which started and hangs with following error message: „You are running winetricks-20210206-next, latest upstream is winetricks-20220411! You should update using your distribution’s package manager, --self-update, or manually…[…]…wine cmd.exe /c echo ‘%AppData%’ returned empty string, error message “”. Hm, I am not currently starting winetricks-20210206-next nor is the current version winetricks-20220411. Winetricks has apparently been downgraded in the repos - but I think the result is still the same disaster as before.

I’m having the same issue. Is there a way to fix this???

When I follow the “solution” from the previous thread and install the unstable winetricks-20220411-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst then winetricks crashes again with this message:

wine cmd.exe /c echo ‘appdata’ returned empty string, error message “”

The “solution” unstable winetricks version seems not to be working anymore since wine 7.5-1.

Today’s update to Wine 7.7-1 solved the problem for me.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.