System update error (using pamac)

When I execute pamac update command, it shows following error:

$ pamac update
Preparing...
Synchronizing package databases...
WARNING:fapi:src/tss2-fapi/ifapi_io.c:339:ifapi_io_check_create_dir() Directory /var/lib/tpm2-tss/system/keystore/policy does not exist, creating 
ERROR:fapi:src/tss2-fapi/ifapi_helpers.c:1055:create_dirs() mkdir not possible: -1 /var/lib/tpm2-tss/system/keystore/policy 
ERROR:fapi:src/tss2-fapi/ifapi_helpers.c:1082:ifapi_create_dirs() ErrorCode (0x0006000b) Create directories for /var/lib/tpm2-tss/system/keystore/policy 
ERROR:fapi:src/tss2-fapi/ifapi_io.c:342:ifapi_io_check_create_dir() ErrorCode (0x0006000b) Directory /var/lib/tpm2-tss/system/keystore/policy can't be created. 
ERROR:fapi:src/tss2-fapi/ifapi_policy_store.c:115:ifapi_policy_store_initialize() ErrorCode (0x0006000b) Policy directory /var/lib/tpm2-tss/system/keystore/policy can't be created. 
ERROR:fapi:src/tss2-fapi/api/Fapi_Initialize.c:218:Fapi_Initialize_Finish() ErrorCode (0x0006000b) Keystore could not be initialized. 
WARNING: Listing FAPI token objects failed: "fapi:A parameter has a bad value"
Please see https://github.com/tpm2-software/tpm2-pkcs11/blob/1.9.0/docs/FAPI.md for more details
WARNING: FAPI backend was not initialized.
ERROR:tcti:src/tss2-tcti/tcti-device.c:451:Tss2_Tcti_Device_Init() Failed to open specified TCTI device file /dev/tpmrm0: Permission denied 
ERROR:tcti:src/tss2-tcti/tctildr-dl.c:169:tcti_from_file() Could not initialize TCTI file: libtss2-tcti-device.so.0 
ERROR:tcti:src/tss2-tcti/tcti-device.c:451:Tss2_Tcti_Device_Init() Failed to open specified TCTI device file /dev/tpm0: Permission denied 
ERROR:tcti:src/tss2-tcti/tctildr-dl.c:169:tcti_from_file() Could not initialize TCTI file: libtss2-tcti-device.so.0 
WARNING:tcti:src/util/io.c:262:socket_connect() Failed to connect to host 127.0.0.1, port 2321: errno 111: Connection refused 
ERROR:tcti:src/tss2-tcti/tcti-swtpm.c:613:Tss2_Tcti_Swtpm_Init() Cannot connect to swtpm TPM socket 
ERROR:tcti:src/tss2-tcti/tctildr-dl.c:169:tcti_from_file() Could not initialize TCTI file: libtss2-tcti-swtpm.so.0 
WARNING:tcti:src/util/io.c:262:socket_connect() Failed to connect to host 127.0.0.1, port 2321: errno 111: Connection refused 
ERROR:tcti:src/tss2-tcti/tctildr-dl.c:169:tcti_from_file() Could not initialize TCTI file: libtss2-tcti-mssim.so.0 
ERROR:tcti:src/tss2-tcti/tctildr-dl.c:269:tctildr_get_default() No standard TCTI could be loaded 
ERROR:tcti:src/tss2-tcti/tctildr.c:430:Tss2_TctiLdr_Initialize_Ex() Failed to instantiate TCTI 
ERROR: Could not initialize tpm ctx: 0x5
Refreshing AUR...                                                                                                              
Nothing to do.                                                                                                                 
Transaction successfully finished.

I tried to search for a solution but couldn’t find anything useful.
What is the reason for this error?

A custom setup using tpm

2 Likes

I haven’t done anything myself. I think this is happening from the last stable update. My DE is Plasma.

No, I agree with @linux-aarhus. Manjaro is not doing that on any setup automatically.

Probably this here is used? GitHub - tpm2-software/tpm2-pkcs11 at 1.9.0

1 Like

Can you suggest any solution to remove this error?

I searched for tss2 and gnupg depends on a package named tpm2-tss from core repo (inherited from Arch).

My system has it installed (unstable) on v.4.0.1-1 also Plasma - no issues.

I have no idea what causes your issue.

Never used that software and I have no idea what it is doing here. However it seems that it has a connection to gnupg database. pacman/pamac tried to retrieve the keys from the tpm2 and not from the normal database. :man_shrugging:

The issue does not appear on a regular Manjaro Linux installation - so one has to speculate - that you - at some point - knowingly or not - have interacted with the system in a such manner that it became a problem.

Since we don’t know the circumstances - I don’t see how one could suggest anything.

1 Like