System read-only

in the last branch they did not help me!

This is a forum operated by people who intend to help others on a voluntary basis, nobody get’s paid. If you behave rude or without respect you cannot expect any help here.

Next time, also choose a better avatar.

4 Likes

okey can i one more branch to help me? that branch was closed

First, try to help yourself by reading the links of the other thread, they answer all your questions, Linux is not Windoze.

1 Like

i reed it but I’m afraid to make a mistake, it would be better for someone to tell me more specifically what to fix in fstab

Here is another tutorial:

Another helpful post:

Use the search function or any search engine of your choice, for this type of issue you will find a lot of information.

The OP wants to take ownership over the root aka / filesystem … There is nothing wrong with the default configuration that is generated at the install of the system.

1 Like

Thanks for the info, I was indeed expecting it’s about getting access to an external disk…

Then there is no useful help avaialble and we can close this thread as well.

1 Like

moderators close my branches where I ask for help

i have read-only file system, what can i do?

Wha?
Are you asking for all of your previous threads/topics to be closed, and bumping this new one ?

OK, my friend, @randomidiot now you get a warning. I told you that opening a new thread for exactly the same subject is against the rules. Do it again and you get suspended for a while.

2 Likes

they close branches every time I say that I do not have access to the system, and do not help

I am not going to have time to help you debug this, but maybe some else wants to pick up, you need to provide more complete information as mentioned above, more info you give more likely someone will try and help you.

Is it a fresh installation?
what edition did you install?
was it working before?
are you trying to mount a external drive?

Kernel: 5.13.19-2-MANJARO x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 11.1.0
parameters: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-5.13-x86_64
root=UUID=*************************70 rw quiet
cryptdevice=UUID=****************************92b:luks-************************2b
root=/dev/mapper/luks-************************82b apparmor=1
security=apparmor udev.log_priority=3
Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.22.5 tk: Qt 5.15.2 wm: kwin_x11 vt: 1 dm: SDDM
Distro: Manjaro Linux base: Arch Linux

Partition:
ID-1: / raw-size: 118.94 GiB size: 116.52 GiB (97.96%)
used: 29.71 GiB (25.5%) fs: ext4 block-size: 4096 B dev: /dev/dm-0
maj-min: 254:0 mapped: luks-************************892b label: N/A
uuid: *****************************8889570
ID-2: /boot/efi raw-size: 300 MiB size: 299.4 MiB (99.80%)
used: 440 KiB (0.1%) fs: vfat block-size: 512 B dev: /dev/sdb1 maj-min: 8:17
label: NO_LABEL uuid: 62C3-A374
ID-3: /home raw-size: 931.51 GiB size: 915.81 GiB (98.31%)
used: 607.09 GiB (66.3%) fs: ext4 block-size: 4096 B dev: /dev/dm-1
maj-min: 254:1 mapped: luks-****************************84b label: N/A
uuid: **************************2b8
Swap:
Kernel: swappiness: 60 (default) cache-pressure: 100 (default)
ID-1: swap-1 type: file size: 3 GiB used: 1.38 GiB (46.1%) priority: -2
file: /swapfile
Unmounted:

i tryed to remount, i tryed to boot live and fsck my system, nothing helps, this is a problem for about three weeks

Joined all the conversations so we can get the bigger picture of what is happening and what the OP is looking for.

System boots fine, nothing wrong there?

Can you install newer/supported kernel ? That one is EOL …

This escaped me … using LUKS encryption …

Yes, I can install a new kernel, I did it, but the problem was not solved, yes, I use encryption

the system very often does not load well and a screen appears in which it is written that I must execute fsck when I do this the system is loaded

Everything outside /home/$USERNAME is readonly - this is the standard of unix based systems (yes Manjaro is a unix variant - more precisely a GNU system with a Linux kernel)

You cannot - and I won’t advise

Please install Windows XP or DOS with Windows 3.1

If your filesystem keeps getting corrupted you are having a more serious problem.

2 Likes

Sounds like a hardware problem, not a Manjaro/Linux one, to me.

this is not a standard for unix, you are talking nonsense