System has become slow lately with delays

Hi! I recently switched from Windows 11 to Manjaro. Everything was fine until I started doing some things in the terminal, and the system became slower, and there are some delays when typing something. Fps in games has become lower (150->80.90). I googled pretty ■■■■■■■ everything, nothing helps. I switched from pipewire to pulseaudio, but I don’t think it’s the case. Please help

Welcome to Manjaro!

Your question is very generic. For anyone to be able to help, you need to provide more information and be more specific.

Which “things” did you do in the terminal? What have you tried to troubleshoot the problem?

2 Likes

If I only knew what I did wrong. Processes daemons only come to mind and systemctl

Here’s my history. But I’m not sure if it’s because of that.

251  systemctl --user restart pipewire pipewire-pulse
  252  systemctl --user daemon-reload
  419  sudo systemctl enable optimus-manager
  534  sudo systemctl --user restart pulseaudio
  538  systemctl --user restart pulseaudio
  541  systemctl --user disable --now pipewire.socket && systemctl --user stop pipewire
  551  systemctl --user enable --now pipewire.socket 
  552  systemctl --user enable --now pacmd

It seems to me you have both pipewire and pulseaudio installed, and I don’t think they work well together.

I don’t remember right now what went wrong for me when I was testing pipewire, but I decided to stick with pulseaudio + jack and remove pipewire completely from my system. Just remove all pipewire packages and replace if necessary with pulseaudio.

Hope that might help with your problem.

Hello,

Start by providing system information as suggested here

@akiraaa , hi and welcome to the forum :+1:

That could be related to baloo, see: