System freezes within seconds of booting after fresh install

Good morning,
After a fresh install of Manjaro 17.1 KDE on a new ASUS Vivobook Pro I am having an issue. Keyboard and touchpad lock up or the system freezes within 30 - 60 seconds after booting. Everything works for approximately 1 minute but then everything freezes. I am stumped, driver issue? I have installed Manjaro KDE on a Vivobook S and a few other systems without issue.

Study this Tutorial and follow the instructions to boot ot TTY editing grub menu.

Then in TTY run these commands and post them with wgetpaste (read the Tutorial):

SYSTEMD_LESS=FRXMK journalctl -b -1 -p4
cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log
mhwd -li
inxi -SMGxxxz
cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/*.conf

Thank you and my apologies @petsam. I was trying to do it on the quick! I will run run the commands that you suggested and post the output soon. I was able to get some Debian based distros to install rather successfully on the new laptop but I have been totally stuck trying to install Manjaro and I also tried Antegros. I am pretty sure it has something to do with NVIDIA on the laptop because I have never had an issue getting a system up and running using ASUS machines.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.