Switching to next/previous screen shortcuts not working

Hi

I’m new to KDE, and was trying to switch to next/previous screens using keyboard shortcuts - I’ve “Separate screen focus” enabled in “Window behavior” (system settings).

The keyboard shortcuts don’t work. Can there be any reason why?

Versions:
KDE Plasma: 5.24.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.94.0
Qt Version: 5.15.4
Kernel Version: 5.15.48-1-MANJARO (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11

Hardware: i9-12900K (24 x 12th Gen Intel); Memory: 62.6 GiB of RAM; Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060

Perhaps, you should check the keyboard shortcuts.

Thanks, @Keruskerfuerst for your response. My bad that I didn’t mention this, but I have those shortcuts enabled. It still doesn’t work.

What are they set to?

Hi, @maycne.sonahoz - I tried multiple shortcuts, currently trying super + . and super + , - but they don’t work. I also tried re-installing Manjaro, didn’t work. :frowning: Can you please help?

How do you set them? Here i get Meta instead of Super when i set them from GUI…
Which actions have you set them to? I spot several seeming synonymous, you might have set the wrong ones…

Hi, @maycne.sonahoz - just got it working, here is what I did, might sound a bit too much of debugging, but:

1. Cloned kwin
  2. grepped for the function it calls when the “switch to next screen” is called - found it from one of the merge requests: kwinbindings.cpp · 4dba1da7c73a62fe745d6572ea3c844416a4f67e · Plasma / KWin · GitLab
  3. Found the function defined in: src/useractions.cpp and there it first checks if it’s “possible”: src/useractions.cpp · master · Plasma / KWin · GitLab
  4. I went through the check and found this useful message: src/useractions.cpp · master · Plasma / KWin · GitLab

Then I went back to “Window Behavior” settings, and… found “Active screen follows mouse” ticked by default in “Multiscreen behavior” subsection. I unticked it/disabled it, and it works now :smiley:

Long path, but it works <3 Thank you so much for attempting to help though. I appreciate it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.