Switcher manjaro doesn't display windows

Hello everyone,

First of all, i’m sorry but i don’t know where i should post this topic, if you know where, let me know and i’ll move it.
As i said, the switcher on manjaro deepin doesn’t display windows after a weekly update (software only), you can see it here
Deepin%20Capture-%C3%A9cran_zone%20de%20s%C3%A9lection%20_20180807143841
I couldn’t make a print screen but it exactly like that except that the border is transparent.

So, i’m here to ask for your help, and what should i do if i want it to show the windows content not just icon. If something is wrong in my post let me know, it’s my first post.
And sorry for my english, i have just begin to study it.

Thank you

Desktop: Gnome Distro: Manjaro Linux 
Machine:   Type: Desktop System: Gigabyte product: N/A v: N/A serial: <root required> 
           Mobo: Gigabyte model: H61M-S2P REV 3.0 serial: <root required> 
           UEFI: American Megatrends v: F3 date: 03/18/2013 
CPU:       Topology: Quad Core model: Intel Core i5-2400 bits: 64 type: MCP arch: Sandy Bridge 
           rev: 7 L2 cache: 6144 KiB 
           flags: lm nx pae sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 ssse3 vmx bogomips: 24754 
           Speed: 1596 MHz min/max: 1600/3400 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 1596 2: 1596 3: 1596 
           4: 1596 
Graphics:  Card-1: NVIDIA G92 [GeForce GTS 250] driver: nouveau v: kernel bus ID: 01:00.0 
           Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.19.6 driver: nouveau unloaded: modesetting 
           resolution: 1600x900~60Hz, 1366x768~60Hz 
           OpenGL: renderer: NV92 v: 3.3 Mesa 18.1.5 direct render: Yes

First let me say welcome to Manjaro! You can run with the scissors but don’t throw stones. :rofl:

Now I believe that the choice to boot Windows or Manjaro … is in the Grub menu when you boot up.
Isn’t the switcher menu for window managers? I don’t run Deepin but Windows V. Manjaro/Deepin are operating choices usually made at boot.

Did you reboot after the up date??? :face_with_monocle: There were kernel updates and that means it is a good idea to reboot.

See what grub says.
hth

1 Like

Umm…I think he means the windows in Deepin. Not Microsoft Windows.

That’s the problem if you name something really, really great :wink: after an everyday product :slight_smile: .

I see what you mean. I am confused about which way OP meant it.
Please step in you know much more then I do.
At least the bump (after 8 hrs 30 views) and it’s morning in Madagascar now should get this resolved.

:smile:

Which windows he was referring to is the extent of my expertise here. :smile:

I currently have two laptops running Deepin on Manjaro. One was updated about a week ago and one just now. Both show icons but I don’t really use the switcher much so I don’t remember if it used to show previews.

1 Like

Well there you are, More experience, and knowledge. Let’s see when the OP wakes up… :sleeping:

1 Like

Hello, sorry i was too busy with work lately.
@dalto, i’m from windows so i’m used to use the switcher but i can live without it.
Before i update, it works fine. I’m here to ask if someone already got this problem and if there is a solution to that.
Thank you.

So simply you are saying that alt+tab (windows switcher) stopped working on Manjaro Deepin after update? If so that is indeed a bug to fix. Alt+tab should work.

No, it doesn’t stop working but doesn’t look the same as it was before the update.
Before, it was like that :
Deepin%20Capture-%C3%A9cran_zone%20de%20s%C3%A9lection%20_20180807143950

Now it looks like that :
Deepin%20Capture-%C3%A9cran_zone%20de%20s%C3%A9lection%20_20180807143841

So, i wanted to know if it was possible to fix it, if else i’ll roll with it.

Try Win key (Super) + left or right key, no, Deepin developer maybe changed this.

It looks like the switcher was switched :wink: . Some DEs can have multiple window switchers and you just have to choose the one you like the most.

I haven’t worked with Manjaro Deepin since a while so I don’t know how it looks right now. Let’s ask @oberon who is developer and maintainer of Manjaro Deepin. He will know if there is an option to change it back or if the switcher itself was replaced somehow. Since I mentioned him here, he should be notified and with a luck, he’ll show up here.

Old switcher looked way better.

1 Like

Thanks, but Win key(super)+left or right key is to swith to another wokspace.

OK, thank you.

Should have written “no” bigger and said more about it, sorry.

ok, sorry, my bad :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’ve give up on getting it to work again, so i switched to Manjaro KDE (for now i love how customizable it can be and the tilling management). But maybe I’ll be back to Manjaro Deepin later.
But thank you all for your help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by